Recent content by jfeenin

1. J

Sound Issues

I'm not sure which part of THE DRIVERS THE OS AND REALFLIGHT ARE ALL FULLY PATCHED you guys don't get... Oh well you are right there is nothing more to be said here. Nobody here but the "well it doesn't happen to me so it's not a problem" crowd. The reality is what I said reproduces the issue...
  2. J

Sound Issues

Yup but in my opinion, I was doing the leading. I swore I wasn't going to reply to this again but what the hey... So far the only person with anything resembling an objective reply is Opjose. Still, while it may be an issue with RF and the fact that the device is onboard, almost all systems...
  3. J

Sound Issues

OK one more... The original poster is running Windows 7 Ultimate on top of a Mac yes but you're getting stuck on that fact. Have you ever stopped for half a second to let the concept sink into your brain that it's not the Mac and instead something to do with Windows 7and RF. because...
  4. J

Sound Issues

Actually I would disagree... As everything else in Windows works fine all the time with the sound even RF isn't making a peep, clearly the driver is working just fine. As RF is the only thing having an issue, at best you could say RealFlight is having an compatibility issue with my driver...
  5. J

Sound Issues

Yeah except the identical issue with the original poster here... nope never heard it before. And I don't bother calling support for things I know how to work around because my time is valuable to me and I don't care to sit on hold for who knows how long for someone who can typically barely...
  6. J

Sound Issues

NO! I mean loading the launcher and resetting the entire program where it says "Restore Defaults" after you click the additional options button.
  7. J

Sound Issues

All the drivers are updated and yes the audio is an integrated chipset. Since it works fine unless the program shuts down improperly and again when reset I seriously doubt it's a driver issue. Everything else works fine the whole time. I am a stickler for updating my systems. To the point I...
  8. J

Sound Issues

So am I, until I exit and restart it or the program crashes (like when I just tried to load the C5 plane I just DL'd from Swap pages).. when it starts after that no sound until resetting 3 times... Oh well I know the dance I'll deal with it. I've bought RF 1, 2, 3.5 full versions and now the G5...
  9. J

Sound Issues

Yeah I know all about the whole run as admin dance, I ran into that when I forgot to turn UAC off when I first installed RealFlight G3.5 on W7. That's why I mentioned UAC being off. This seems more like a W7/G5 thing than anything to do with the fact he had it on a Mac. I am aware that...
  10. J

Sound Issues

No, clearly my system specs listed say it's not a Mac. I guess that's the point... It's not specifically a Mac issue just because the one person had the issue on a Mac... blaming it on the Mac is likely misplacing the blame.
  11. J

Sound Issues

Thanks for the hint about resetting three times. It worked for me. I just bought the G5 Upgrade today and it installed and worked fine. I installed Add-ons 1-5 I downloaded, still worked fine. Added Expansion packs 1,2 and 4... still fine. Installed a bunch of planes I downloaded from the...
  12. J

Windows 7 Release Candidate Install Issues

Well hows this for install time. I just completed wiping Vista and Re-installing Windows 7 from scratch. This time I turned off UAC immediately, then updated my video drivers and installed RealFlight G3.5 and Add-Ons 1-5 and Expansion Packs 1, 2, and 4... With UAC off from the beginning all...
  13. J

OK, perhaps I stand corrected. Not the first time LOL. Well I am typing this in Vista again and as before I had no issues with Vista Ultimate installing RealFlight 3.5 and all the add-ons. However I am curious if UAC wasn't indeed the culprit. In Vista it's one of the first things I do...
  14. J

Yeah the only thing on that page that remotely comes close to this issue is the last part where Windows doesn't seem sure that the stuff installed right or not. That I knew of. I have installed this on Vista before and I suspect if I had simply done an upgrade from Vista it would have worked...
  15. J

OK after uninstalling (which also doesn't work right on Windows 7RC BTW so plan on deleting directories manually) and reinstalling I figured it out. Here's the scoop... IN the RC of Windows 7 many of the files that the installer tries to copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlightG3 get...
Back