Recent content by Joe90

1. J

Eflite clipped wing cub 1.2m

I do rely on SIM models as a guide. The airframe dimensions, surfaces, weights, and COG and perhaps nominal stall speeds are usually taken from the original - because they have nothing to do with power or servos. You have a great starting point. Power, throws and servo response to inputs might...
  2. J

RF 8 Problem in Windows 10 Bootcamp

Ouch that will be hard to debug - but bootcamp is the recommended way of running RF on Mac. Maybe the people at Horizon already have seen the issue. https://www.horizonhobby.com/content/support-render-tech-support or email the product support people at productsupport@horizonhobby.com Thanks Joe
  3. J

Eflite clipped wing cub 1.2m

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/bobs-clipped_wing_cub_av.23910/
  4. J

Issues with Flying on the G2 Simulator

Hi, Wecome, 1) Torque roll is modelled correctly as far as I can tell. I'm on RF9 version. If your plane is up to speed on take-off the torque is less noticable but it should edfinitely be there. To check, do a prop hang on a capable plane. If you need to give some right ail to stop the plane...
  5. J

Next RF 9 Update

I've only tried the Sport Cub S and it's very realistic. If anything I would say the real plane is a little easier to fly. There's a Turbo Timber 1.5m on my RF9
  6. J

Plane hard to see shortly after take off.

There's a few things you can do Use the binoclars by pressing the 3 key Use of Zoom You can cycle through the Zoom options while flying using the Z key on your keyboard. The "keep ground in view" will make the plane very small. The field of view is always 30 degrees. In "manual zoom" you can...
  7. J

Error msg on controller calibration. "you have only calibrated 6 out the 7 axes"

OK I solved one of my problems. The Controller Calibrate dialog box saying "you have only calibrated 6 out the 7 axes reported by your controller" I solved it by calibrating the controller in Windows - from the screen below I chose Settings>Calibrate I've no idea why I needed to do that. By the...
  8. J

Error msg on controller calibration. "you have only calibrated 6 out the 7 axes"

BrokeDad I'm moving every control, switching every switch and turning every knob. I cannot get the Z axis or Z rotation bars to move. They Z axis flickers around from as low as 19 to as high as 100 but I'm not touching anything. What is Z axiz and Z rotation please?
  9. J

RF9 with InterLink DX. Brand new. "you have only calibrated 6 out the 7 axes reported by your controller" Also the select switch - the wheel is intermittent. EG scrolling through planes or airports it sometimes scrolls, maybe once in about 5. Could these peoblems be related? Thanks Joe
Back