Recent content by Kaos

1. Kaos

Online update problems (KEError 21081, KEError 24052)

You might try running RF8 in the administrator mode and/or try updating only one version up at a time - in a sequence.
  2. Kaos

RealFlight internet connection error

Me too. It appears the Real Flight server is down again.
  3. Kaos

Server down?

I've been unable to connect to the Real Flight server for 2 days now. I have double-checked my end, including firewall settings and everything seems to be in good order. :(
  4. Kaos

Latest AMD Video driver now works with RF9.5!

I downloaded and installed the latest (5/10/2022) AMD video driver for my new AMD 6900 XT video card and now my Real Flight 9.5 works perfectly. Prior to this driver update, RF9.5 refused to run, so I had to run it inside VMware, which was slow. I'm stoked! https://www.amd.com/en/support
  5. Kaos

amd rx 6600 xt issue

:):):)
  6. Kaos

amd rx 6600 xt issue

Some good news for those running late model AMD video cards (I have a 6900 XT). I downloaded the latest AMD video driver today and now my Real Flight 9.5 works! The latest AMD driver is dated 5/10/2022 and is called, "AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022."
  7. Kaos

Issues with Radeon 5700 XT

For the record, I upgraded my home-built desktop computer to an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU and ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero mobo a few months ago. It took me a while but I finally got the final piece; an ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT Phantom OC Edition graphics card a few days ago. Of course, RF 9.5...
  8. Kaos

Issues with Radeon 5700 XT

^^^ I installed VMware and after some fumbling around, managed to get Windows 10 installed, then RF 9. It works! The frame rates are slower, but still acceptable. I'm simply running a reduced window size to recover some of the FPS loss. Also, the sound volume is way down, but I can still...
  9. Kaos

Crazy Ivan Hosting down

To my many friends who hang out at my P-51 combat venues: I upgraded my graphics card to a hotrod AMD RX 6900 X last weekend. While this upgrade vastly improved the performance and details of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, it broke Real Flight 9.5. I mean, down in flames! From what I've...
  10. Kaos

RF 8.00.023 Update Feedback

Followup regarding my KEError 24009 error while trying to update to v8.00.023. The folks at Knife Edge suggested that I uninstall RF8, then reinstall. So, I did the reinstall routine and then the update worked perfectly! :)
  11. Kaos

I'm not running the Steam version.
  12. Kaos

KEError 24009 I just now tried to update to v8.00.023 and I get a KEError 24009 "Unrecognized task command." Tried to update several times, but got the same error response every time. :confused:
  13. Kaos

I just received RF8

Success! Hi Ryan, I made a post on your other mentioned thread, and thanks! I followed your directions, which eliminated the dreaded KEError 24052 deal. However a new KEError 12233 came up when I clicked on the download button, "Error creating file on disk. Make sure you have enough disk...
  14. Kaos

Online update problems (KEError 21081, KEError 24052)

Success! (with one added step) Ryan, Thank you so much! Your above tips eliminated the KEErrer 24052 message and got me to the actual download window, which announced the 43.6 MB file. When I clicked on the download button, this new message came up: KEError 12233 "Error creating file on...
Back