Recent content by LaserGecko

1. L

RealFlight Evolution - fully running on Apple M1 Mac via Parallels Desktop

Hi everyone, Since October, I've tried everything I can find to get RealFlight 9.5S, then Evolution running on my M1 Max MacBook Pro. They would both run, but only at Eli Field. Meanwhile, Native Mac and Windows emulated sims worked just fine. All of the .exe files are set to run in Safe...
  2. L

RF 9 M1 Mac

After changing the Parallels Desktop VM's configuration to "Games Only", I can load other airports, lessons, etc. I am cautiously optimistic!
  3. L

RF 9 M1 Mac

What GPU changes did you make?
  4. L

Activation Error

I had to join the Windows Insider program to get Windows 11 Pro to update to 22H2. That solved the Knife Edge Error 75912 on v10.00.026. Lessons actually work now, but it's still impossible to change to anything other than Eli Field.
  5. L

Realflight on Apple

You have an Intel based Mac. It is significantly more difficult on Apple Silicon and RealFlight tech support is non-existent for it. (Maybe it's better now than when I contacted them in September 2022.)
  6. L

Realflight for Linux or MacOS

Yeah, that's never going to happen. I was just given this cop out by RealFlight tech support: "There may be a conflict with the graphics/processor on the Mac not being compatible. If you did not have any security turned on. We would recommend installing on a PC without a 12th gen processor." It...
  7. L

RealFlight internet connection error

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ Here's a great way to check to see if it's your problem or everyone's.
  8. L

Realflight for Linux or MacOS

Nope. RealFlight is too dependent on DirectX, apparently. It will function on M1 Macs via Parallels Desktop, but it's far from 100% compatible. I'm sure the engineers are getting tired of my crash reports when I try to load anything other Eli Field.
  9. L

RF 9 M1 Mac

Hi @silverdart! It works just fine with my DX8 G2 and a WS1000. I recommend the "Combo" setup that I found on this forum. It seems like I need to load RealFlight, then unplug/replug the adapter to get it to connect reliably. Having the adapter plugged in while Windows loads does not seem to...
  10. L

RF 9 M1 Mac

I finally bought RealFlight 9.5S from my friendly local hobby store (so they'd get a piece of money) after it went on sale for $20 off for Aviation Day or whatever. Naturally, the same thing happened here when I tried to load it. Click "PLAY", confirm the next box, then it would stop, so I...
  11. L

RF 9 M1 Mac

Well, this answers my question. Super disappointing to see that apparently the answer is "hold off" on buying RealFlight if you're on an M1 Mac because it's still a gamble. Guess I'll have to stick with AccuRC, Heli-X, or neXt in native Mac or Phoenix or LiftOff in Steam via Parallels running...
Back