Recent content by legoman

1. legoman

Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/boeing-787-9-dreamliner_ea.12035/
  2. legoman

Custom Content Compatibility

yes. in general older content is compatible with newer real flights. It may need some tweeking. the reverse is not a guarantee newer content may work in older rf's
  3. legoman

Propellor Naming Conventions?

you need to adjust the down thrust on the motors.
  4. legoman

Realflight & Solidworks

couple of ideas. I had some crashes in the past and I dont remember which one crashes on import and which one crashes on opening the plane try exporting the plane with no smoothing groups? rf hates having two smoothing groups on one face/tri. how many triangles are in the model? Do you have...
  5. legoman

RF/KE Heli tutorial: Are there sample projects available for download (see post)

I had messed with the sample heli a few years ago and I stil had it in wings so I have access to it. in the zip is the .blend and a .obj from wings. If the .blend causes problems because I use an ancient version of blender try the .obj. (it is my usuall transfer type)
  6. legoman

Help! RealFlight Evolution Aircraft Design for newbs.

Edge split will likely fix your texturing issue. the shaders try and smooth out the shadows of neighboring faces. at extreme angles the one will be in direct light and the other in shadow and it tries to smooth the shadow out over the edge. edge splits takes very sharp edges and makes it so...
  7. legoman

delete all the componets and start fresh.
  8. legoman

I am not sure why it got bigger on export. you can try setting the scale 0.42 on export. I model in wings 3d in inches then transfer to blender. blender interprets the units as meters so my foot wing span plane has a 60 meter everything sinks a bit into the grass. so I would not worry. if it...
  9. legoman

No. no edge split with edge split [edit] added clarifying captions to the pictures
  10. legoman

these are the file types that blender can import, I dont remember 3dsmax's file types. If Onshape can export any of these file formats then blender can import them.
  11. legoman

2 .SG pivot is fine the servo was reversed. left was right and right was left. the red axis on the rudder should point UP try adding this modifier before export.
  12. legoman

depends on the age and what I want the plane to have as features. older models had a strict limit of 8k/10k, 20k, 27k, and finally 135k. and variang collison mesh qualities. My B-52H has 130,765 with 42,984 being the bombs, My A-1H has 90,395 with 37,174 for the ordinance on the loadouts. The...
  13. legoman

there is a single object limit 65,535 and the aircraft limit it 135,000 triangles. 3dsmax has all the capacities to make models for rf so you can skip blender.
  14. legoman

[84798] Some props lead to a shader compositor error, bad shadow rendering

follow up. it seems to by tied to extra 330sc prop. after loading the extra 330sc prop during start up (on any* aircraft) load different prop plane and this effect happens. or switch to tis prop. I also included this error because I was not sure if it is related. usually displayed when...
Back