Recent content by marked23

1. M

Restore default graphics settings?

I just installed the upgrade. A big improvement on my G4.5. :) I was playing with the graphics settings. I tried "highest" and that didn't work well for me. So I wanted to go back to the defaults. But I don't know what to do to go back to the defaults. I can't move the slider back to...
  2. M

Intel 4000 vs. GeForce 650m

My laptop has a GeForce GT 650M, but the settings menu only shows "Intel HD 4000" in the drop-down. Any idea why the GeForce 650m doesn't show up? It all works smoothly, so it's not really a problem, but I can't use "highest" graphics level at all. ... and I'm wondering if it would improve...
  3. M

AMD X2 and Intel Duo Core

Dual core processors are emerging into the mainstream right now. They come with clock speeds that are considerably slower than the current top speeds of single core chips. For instance, I can get a 3.8Ghz intel single core chip, but I can only get up to 2.2Ghz in a dual core chip. While...
  4. M

Mob Radeon X600 Good or Great?

I'm considering buying a laptop strictly for G3. The video card: ATI Mobility Radeon X600 with 128MB dedicated video memory The laptop I'm looking at has a fast processor too. Is this X600 good or great? I know it works, but does it work well? -Mark
  5. M

Processor Choice ?

Is it better to get a 3.6ghz with 1Mb of L2 cache or 3.4ghz with 2Mb of L2 cache Both are 800Mhz FSB. I guess it's a subtle diffference, but maybe you guys know something about G3's potential with a larger L2 cache. -Mark
Back