Recent content by martin_05

1. M

Training aircraft

Is there a way to change the default aircraft used for training (heli or fixed wing)? Thanks, -Martin
  2. M

ESC Brake

I just downloaded a custom hotliner electric glider: https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9369 I would like to have the simulated motor controller brake when I set the throttle to zero. In the current configuration the propeller free-wheels for a while and eventually...
  3. M

Realflight G5 ideas...

Can you give me some insight as to how this happened. I am taking the role of flight instructor to my son and I would hate to take the fun out of it. What should I avoid doing (or not doing)? I think a training mode within RF can easily be a lot of fun. Again, I am leaning heavily on my...
  4. M

Realflight G5 ideas...

No problem. In general terms, I think we can agree that RF does not have a "Flight University" mode where a newbie can sit down and methodically go through a learning process. Left on their own they'll peek and poke here and there and, if lucky, learn to fly. If I wanted to generalize my...
  5. M

Realflight G5 ideas...

Sure you can. The key word you seem to have skipped over in your detailed analysis of my post is "lessons". Each lesson is followed by 10, 20, 30, 40 whatever HOURS of practice to master what was taught. Yes, 20 to 40 lessons, as a gut feeling, might cover the subject matter reasonably well...
  6. M

Realflight G5 ideas...

I guess the real question might be: What would justify anyone spending money to upgrade? In my book it is mostly about training tools. What little is available on RF 4.5 is lacking. There is a need for a lot more tools that can take someone from newbie to expert in an organized manner...
Back