Recent content by Mayven

1. M

RC Factory Veloxity_EA

Hey Mike - this plane is so much fun to fly on the sim - thanks for making it! I found the following changes to the CG made it fly more like my real life plane (with 100+ hours). I'm not saying these changes are better - just what I like: X: 0 Y: 1.0 Z:0.13 You'll note I've pushed the CG back...
  2. M

[84235] Graphics are not antialiased using Radeon graphics adapter

Yeah - could be. Is there anyway of viewing the actual framerate? It could be really useful information to know if the frame rate decreases or increases for the same settings.
  3. M

Edge540V3_1000_EA

Thanks so much for your work - I’m looking forward to flying it.
  4. M

Edge540V3_1000_EA

Hi Mike - the wheels are 50x10mm. The trick is probably the spat which has a 10mm cut out (see picture below) I fly with a 195g 2200mAh battery for a total weight of 865g. This is a little heavier than some builds, but I get a solid 10 minutes flying time.
  5. M

[84244] Shadows are not rendering correctly at higher settings

I've attached two screenshots. The first is from RealFlight 9.5S and the second is from RealFlight Evolution DirectX 11 Beta. In both instances, the graphics settings are the same. Note the shadows under the fence. The beta version doesn't appear to be doing soft shadows. RealFlight 9.5S...
  6. M

Edge540V3_1000_EA

Vertical Fuse: 20mm thick, 227mm at tallest point (around the top of the cockpit to the bottom of the fuse) Horizontal Fuse: 24mm x 172mm (width at nose of plane) Rudder: 14mm x 275mm at tallest point Elevator: 14mm x 150mm at tips (front to back) Spats: 143x14x42mm Weight: 670g ESC: 45A...
  7. M

Edge540V3_1000_EA

Hey Mike - I'll be able to have this data for you in a few hours :)
  8. M

Thanks Ryan - I'm not sure you can force anti-aliasing for directx11 (although hopefully someone will set me straight on this). Anyway - in general I've found that the beta has degraded graphics in terms of looks, but that performance has greatly improved. For example, the Japanese Temple site...
  9. M

Thank you to everyone for making this update. I've installed the beta, and rolled back and forth to the original version several times now and that works flawlessly. Here is an initial comment - the aircraft graphics in the new RF Evolution Beta are worse. I've attached the same plane in the...
  10. M

Plane starts underground at some airfields

Hey thanks- that will be it. Realflight sometimes crashes on my laptop, so I turned off as many of the graphics details as I could. I’ll try reactivating scenery objects.
  11. M

A radeon card - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
  12. M

I'm using Realflight Evolution. Why do some of the airfields start with the plane underground? For example, if I select "AMA Flying Site 4" with a stock RF Evolution plane (like the Avistar say), the plane starts in the sim underground and I have to fly upwards till it appears. Despite this...
  13. M

Mitsubishi A6M Zero Scale_AV

Great job! I usually find the larger scale models to be floaty and to not fly realistically - but your Zero is excellent. Thanks for sharing.
  14. M

Photo Field Max Resolution

I have been looking at the generated dds files for scenery - and none appear to be higher than 4096x4096 pixels. There are 6 per scenery setup. It might be the case that 4096x4096 is the highest resolution RealFlight will do for these dds files, in which case, a higher resolution input image...
  15. M

Hillbilly Field_PI

Thanks Joe - I've been thinking about creating a photofield and I found the example panoramic photo you provided really helpful because I was able to import it into Realflight and see how it works. Much appreciated.
Back