Recent content by Mkaz

1. M

Unexpected error occurred at startup, Realflight 9.5s (steam)

If you haven't installed the latest AMD AGESA drivers yet, you may try to install Agesa 1.2.0.7 drivers and test again. I ended up purchasing PCI USB cards, USB 2.0 and another for USB 3.2 because I did not trust the motherboards internal USB anymore. Both work fine with my controller. This is...
  2. M

Hi asj5547. This would be one possible conclusion, but, RF7.5 (and other prior versions I have) works just fine on this system. Only 9.5s fails with an exception. Something in 9.5s has changed to the worse in regards to usb handling.
  3. M

SOLVED I found a solution or more like a workaround. Anybody experiencing the same issue, here is what I found: My motherboard is quite new, fast and modern. It has several USB type ports: USB 3.2 , neither 9.5s nor 7.5 can use this. 9.5s crashes but interestingly, 7.5 recognizes the Interlink...
  4. M

Thanks for your reply, Ryan. I tried to start RF by locating Realflight.exe in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight 9 and clicking 'run as administrator' on the file. I can see for a split second the round steam icon and then the usual exception 'unexpected error'. Let me...
  5. M

Many thanks, David. I'll give all of this another try.
  6. M

Saw a post that said to first calibrate the controller in Windows. Did that. Windows 'sees' the controller just fine and identifies it as Interlink Elite. Calibrated it using Windows. RF still crashes though on startup.
  7. M

I tested now with a small USB 1.2 hub but this too did not solve the issue. I am out of options now. So far no word from KE. Without a solution I'll have to ask for a refund from Steam, but I'll wait until tomorrow (maybe a solution comes up in a dream at night).
  8. M

Thanks for the input, David. I did not import any model into RF.
  9. M

Just purchased RF 9.5s and installed via Steam. When starting a message box appears 'Unexpected error occurred. Report to KE', before any other screen is shown. My system is quite new: Ryzen 9, Nvidia 950, 24gb, 2TB SSD, Windows 11. All drivers and OS up to date. Older Interlink controller. The...
  10. M

Windows 10 rolling out soon

Windows 10 will be rolling out next week. Users will gradually update to the new OS. Any officical info or statement regarding the compatibility of RF7 with the new upcoming OS? Any issues that may be expected? Assuming the latest update of RF7 is run and all hardware is Win10 compatible, of...
  11. M

Realflight G6 upgrade to G6.5

Thanks for you comment, jeffpn. I appreciate and value the input from all users. This was not a technical question, though. I had specifically asked for an official response in my question - KE and GP rep's do seem to monitor these forums and respond once in a while. This was a question for...
  12. M

Just noticed that Great Planes seem to have updated the upgrade page: http://www.realflight.com/upgrade.html This makes it official. Thanks for all your comments and thanks Knifeedge and Great Planes for the free update.
  13. M

Thanks craigb for clearing up my question. And thanks for jeffpn's answer. Just to clear this up, question is: Are owners of G6 entitled to a fee upgrade to G6.5? G6.5 meaning the final, official version, not a Beta. Jeffpn states 'yes'. Jeffpn is listed as a 'registered user'. I would be...
  14. M

After receiving the announcement about the availability of G6.5 I checked the websites of Great Planes, Tower Hobbies and Knifeedge. Could not find any information regarding the upgrade of G6 to G6.5. Great Planes state this in the upgrade page: "Add the latest RealFlight advances to G4...
  15. M

Virtual Flight Instruction below ground

On my G5 installation, updated to the latest version, the Virtual Flight Instruction sequences all show planes submerged slightly below the ground. This is mainly experienced in any of the recordings that show the plane on the ground, landing, take-off, etc. For instance, the takeoff sequence...
Back