Recent content by mtpenguin

1. mtpenguin

Does anyone own a Trex 250 Super Combo?

I have one Although I haven't flown it since my last crash. The other 250 attempts I've tried to use will crash when doing rainbows, I assume because of the head speed issue. I would love to have a RF model of the 250 that works. B-)
  2. mtpenguin

Realflight G5 ideas...

+1 vote linux I only run a winbloz box for RF.... If there was a way to avoid the M$ tax on RF, I sure appreciate it. B-) :D
  3. mtpenguin

G5

Another option With not only this forum, but with other forums, it would be nice if you could give RF the forum information and have it auto post all text from an mutliplayer session to that forum. It would help pull pilots from the forum to the RF session, and vise versa. B-) :D
  4. mtpenguin

Heli Inverted Hover Record (online)

That's cool. I'll fly with ya.
  5. mtpenguin

Multiplayer Port For G4.5

I got the same thing yesterday afternoon. Hadn't tried for a while previously. And the all the settings were still there and the same as last time it worked. B=)
  6. mtpenguin

.049 feed back thread.

models wouldn't fly... I had connected to a mp session on Sat. eve. When I woke up on Sun. the simulator was 'not connected to a multiplayer session". So, I searched, and joined the only one I could. For whatever reason, the airfield one I saw all weekend wouldn't ever allow me to connect...
  7. mtpenguin

Video: 13 year old flies his first single rotor heli, Blade 400 thanks to RF G4.5

Don't know why people go out of their way to put words in my mouth...... My OPINION is that the B400 is a good option for a first CP. I didn't say it is good for a beginner. In fact, I mention nothing about ability. You say that a TRex is better for a beginner? How so? If a person has NO...
  8. mtpenguin

Video: 13 year old flies his first single rotor heli, Blade 400 thanks to RF G4.5

That, and the B400 being a good option for a first CP. B-)
  9. mtpenguin

G4.5 Stutter

Is that what is going on in the 250 Trex from swap pages????? Cool, now maybe I can finally fly that one around. Every time I do rainbows, I get that behavior. I thought it was NOT "by design" because when this happens, and you have the "showmethemoney" enabled, it doesn't show the money, as...
  10. mtpenguin

G4.5 Stutter

I have a multiplayer stutter. I assume this is being dealt with. Smooth as glass single player. Going multiplayer gives stutter, seems to be when connection attempts are made. Watching the processes during this stutter (3 - 4 frames per second as apposed to 160+) shows idle with at least 20%...
  11. mtpenguin

Flakey DX6i ???

I have the DX6i. I haven't used it with RF. I have used it with other sims, and ppjoy. I didn't have a centering problem. On mine, using the monitor, I can let the sticks go, and it will absolutely center perfectly. Your problem doesn't sound 'normal'. It sure sounds like a real problem to...
  12. mtpenguin

Flakey DX6i ???

B400 Lemme just say that comments from people poopoo'ing the B400, and say it is bad for a first heli, are usually NOT in that situation themselves. I OWN a B400. It was my first CP. It is a great heli. It is a good deal for beginners as you get all you need in one purchase, with plenty of...
  13. mtpenguin

DirectX 10 on XP?

That is really very interesting..... Have you noticed an improvement specific to RF? Bout the only problem I get now is framerate dropping from 160+ down to 3 or 4 every few minutes during multiplayer, and not during single. I see a 'system' thread in task manager, and am thinking that is...
  14. mtpenguin

DirectX 10 on XP?

is it really? When I first built my PC for RF, I was under the impression that there was a DX10 for XP. When you go to the M$ site for DirectX and follow the DX10 links, what you eventually download is the latest v9. After the install, if you go run->dxdiag and check the files, you'll see...
  15. mtpenguin

First Real Hover

Set the difficulty Don't forget to set the difficulty in the simulator. Set it to expert to get the most accuracy. B-)
Back