N40NL

I started Flying RC in the summer of 1975 and have been in and out of this several times, and bought a few earlier issues of RF to sell them to friends when i'd get out for a while. My first plane was a CG Falcon 56 with K&B .40 using a JR Blue Max AM radio on 27mhz... Boy have things changed over the years! Now I'm looking into getting back into RC exclusively with Foam and electric planes. Last time I was in, my fellow fliers thought I was CrAzY for recommending a friend in TN get a Sig Fazer as his first trainer plane, but I'd been flying a few of that type planes, starting with a Hots w/MVVS .40, then scratch building a few others, and knew they had the extreme range of Docile Trainer to Tail Twisting Terror. I loaned him my RealFlight, showed him the basics and told him to practice at least an hour a day. Our first trip to the flying field I had him solo on his 6th time up. Some people dismiss simulators as just games, but those of us who've been in the trenches for about 50 years and had the open mind to give sims a fair chance know better. Sims are no replacement for flying BUT they sharpen your skills and keep them sharp over the winter when you can't fly. I tore up thousands of dollars of planes learning to fly, but now a day its not necessary to, thank goodness.

I'm also into Ham Radio (N4ONL is my call & I like it because it resembles full size planes registration numbers), High Power Rocketry, and computers. (Not to mentiion sex, drugs and rock... OK I'm 65, and the first too are more fond memories. (wink, as I fire up Pink Floyd's - Dark Side Of The Moon))

Trophies

1. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  2. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
Back