Recent content by neerdowell

1. N

just purchased basic, couple of questions

Landing has become easier since I realized that you don't need the whole length of the runway to land. I'm used to the planes in Flight Simulator setting down on the end of the runway, but with the R/C planes it seems like you only need about maybe 20 feet of runway or so to land nicely.
  2. N

Well, I practiced with the FlyZone SkyFly 2 and flew the pattern, making left hand 90 degree turns, tried to estimate when to turn final, and it landed perfectly right in the middle of the runway! And I didn't need the cockpit view!! thx all
  3. N

Thanks Norton and Maj. Numbskully! Yes, I think I saw a link to the G4 manual yesterday and checked it out. Thanks. Landing. As I play with the sim more I'm sure I will develop some skills in this regard. I think I'll work with the trainers (or the Piper Cub) first and try to get them to...
  4. N

Thanks Jeff. Yes, I know the real life hobby doesn't have a cockpit view, but you as a human have a potential 360 degree view, or at least a 180 degree view with peripheral vision, and I think that would help in landing a RC aircraft. Not to mention that, in the real world, you don't have to...
  5. N

Hi guys. I just purchased the Basic version yesterday and have played with it for a day. I am new to RC flying. I've used Microsoft Flight Simulator since my Apple ][ days back in 1981, and I enjoy that sim but have never mastered flying helicopters, I'm afraid. I was hoping I could finally...
Back