Recent content by Nivlek

1. N

Still possible to install in this day and age?

Firstly you need to update G2 to version RealFlight2_00_723 . I don't know if that file is still available on the net. That file was a 16bit file , so you would need to unpack it in XP or earlier OS . You could do that in your virtual machine . Then the unpacked file will install on Win 10 . If...
  2. N

Still possible to install in this day and age?

I'm running G2 on windows 10 . Not easy to get to work , but I get frame rates of 600 fps on an old Optiplex office pc with a GTX 1050 .
  3. N

Trouble Installing G2 on Windows 10

Back in the day there was a download "GreatPlanesInstallationFix". I still have it on a disc . I used that to get G2 to install . However , that's just the start of the problems Lol . The main problem is that G2 used Safedisc 2 protection which is no longer supported by Windows , apparently due...
  4. N

Windows 10 Problems

Installing the program as Administrator will stop the insufficient drive space message , I spent the weekend messing about with it and finally got it running .
  5. N

Original Realflight runs on Win10 !

While searching through my old CD's , I came across my old RealFlight disc . So , just for laughs , I thought that I would try to install it on my Windows 10 PC . It took a bit of faffing about , but I've got it working ! The only issue is that I've only got it to work with my Interlink-X...
  6. N

Windows Mixed Reality - Samsung HMD Odyssey first look

With my HP mixed reality headset I get much better frame rates with my Ryzen 1700 - 16gb ram - 3gb GTX1060 desktop than I can get with my MSI Apachi Pro laptop - Intel i7 7700HQ - 16gb RAM and GTX1070 .
  7. N

Surprisingly good VR performance on lower-end hardware

I've had mixed results with my HP mixed reality headset . Using my laptop , a MSI Apache Pro with an Intel i7-7700HQ , 1070GTX and 16Gb of ram the best I could get was 45fps on the Japanese Temple site . No amount of reducing graphics settings improved the frame rate . However , on my main PC -...
  8. N

Windows Mixed Reality - Samsung HMD Odyssey first look

HP Mixed Reality I grabbed a MSI Apache laptop in the Black Friday sales. It was reduced from £1700 to £1400 , but if you also bought a HP mixed reality headset (reduced from £400 to £300) they knocked off a further £349 . So it was £49 cheaper to have the headset than not have it ! Anyway ...
  9. N

.426 Bugs

The helicopters slide around on the ground way too much , especially when "light" on their skids prior to take off .
  10. N

G3 with JR 9XII

If you have activated throttle hold on the PCM9X II transmitter , it should work fine , but it sounds like you have not .
  11. N

Unable to contact list server.

I've just had to re-install G3 after re-installing windows , I can't re- register to update to the latest beta , so I guess the server must be down . :(
Back