Recent content by pawraith

1. pawraith

How to fix Heli pitch up in G3/G3.5???

this effect you speak of is called porpousing, not sure of spelling. anyways the effect is like a dolphin or porpous jumping out of the water and is natural to real helis when doing fast forward flight (FFW). this is especially the case with smaller helis like the T-Rex 450. the larger will do...
  2. pawraith

Heli Spinning on start-up

i feel ya on this tom but, unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done. granted the spool up is a bit unrealistic but, the general flight characteristics should be spot on. i still like flying the t-rex 450 in RF even though my RL t-rex doesnt spin like that. the best thing i can tell you is...
  3. pawraith

Request Aircraft Here!

the Ka-50 actually closely resembles the Blade CX2. im sure you could CS the CX2 to look like the Ka-50. either of the Kamovs would be a cool addition though. wraith
  4. pawraith

a huge favor to ask I know

i would like to see if this is at all possible myself. that is a lot of movable pods though on top of the control surfaces. i think that if anyone were to model this, the best way to do it would require modeling the individual pieces of the transformer and connect them at the pivotpoints. as i...
  5. pawraith

Fuel helis bog down easily

another possibility could be the headspeed governor. you might have it set to the low speed setting. although, most of the default helis have the gov. set to the flight mode switch, there have been a couple that ive messed with that were on the d/r switch. good luck, wraith
  6. pawraith

CD vs. DVD

did your PC come with XP? if so, there is a very good chance that you have a DVD ROM however, like others have said in this post, check all your system stats such as available RAM, video RAM, processor speed, etc. as far as older versions of RF go, i am running G3.5 on a Compaq with a P4 2.0GHz...
  7. pawraith

custom scheme importing

what OP said :D
  8. pawraith

Request Aircraft Here! #2

i think the file you were trying to get is for g3.5. can g4 run a g3.5 file?
  9. pawraith

Are add-on elements available for all 3.5?

i think the way that works is once the airport is created, for someone else to use that airport, they have to have all the supporting elements. if a specific element is only available in let's say add-on 3, then that airport would only work for those ppl who have that add-on. good luck, wraith
  10. pawraith

Blade 400 3D for 3.5??

yeah it could be tweaked, i'm not saying it can't. i guess i should have read his post a lil better, he has the heli and knows how it flies, i don't. as far as the two flying the same, a friend of mine at the LHS says they perform very differently, and he has been building and flying for over 20...
  11. pawraith

Request Aircraft Here! #2

rcflyer, check the version that you are downloading for. that last file is for G3.5 and you have G4, right?
  12. pawraith

Blade 400 3D for 3.5??

actually the T-Rex is a tad bit larger, hence, 450. the Blade is a 400. line them up side by side and there is a good difference. i too am waiting for the B400 to be released for 3.5. i would like to try my hand at it. dearle, you can also try the Heli-max MX400 as a substitute if you have the...
  13. pawraith

Newbie 3.5 v. 4.5

hey tonemachine, welcome to the forums. i don't really know much about G4.5 but with G3.5, the setups you mentioned would more than be capable at max settings in the sim. as far as you just learning and being a casual user, G3.5 would be an excellent coice, especially if your on a budget...
  14. pawraith

Get Heli to hover for newbe

another thing to keep in mind is that the larger the heli, the more stable its going to be. try hovering something like the Bergen Gasser then switch to a T-Rex 450 and you will see a major difference. with the Bergen, you can almost set the controller down and go get a drink out of the fridge...
  15. pawraith

Strength of Foam

aircraft requests are on a different thread here. i know foam can have varying strengths but, i usualy set mine to be virtually indestructable.
Back