Recent content by PeteCress

1. PeteCress

RF 9.5S: How to regain control over SAFE mode?

r re/"I have a writeup here on adjusting the Controller Profile with a WS2000 if you need more details." I did not even know there was such a thing as WS2000 Controller Profile.
  2. PeteCress

RF 9.5S: How to regain control over SAFE mode?

At some point I was able to toggle between SAFE and AS3X, but no more. Been reading everything I can find, but no joy. Seems like the default is Switch B Channel 8, but that's not working for me. If I had my druthers, I would have the SAFE toggle assigned to switch C. Eflite UMX Turbo Timber...
  3. PeteCress

Turbo Timber Simulation: Accuracy?

If I learn to fly the Turbo Timber simulation in AS3X-only mode reliably without crashing, what would be my chances if flying a real Timber right out of the box without damaging it? If not-so-good, are there any simulations where chances would be good? This will inform my next plane purchase.
  4. PeteCress

Paramotor Aircraft Simulation?

I found the .RFX file, d/l'd it, and copied it to the RF Program directory alongside .DCK files. But RF does not incorporate it into it's list of airplanes and feeding it directly to RF by doubleclicking and then specifying the path to RealFlight.EXE does not seem to do anything but open RF...
  5. PeteCress

No link, but I see a menu choice with that name - but the choices under it do not seem to relate to additional aircraft simulatiions.
  6. PeteCress

What are Swap Pages?
  7. PeteCress

RF9.5s Steam really annoying

+1 on the PITA aspect of Steam. But my experience has been that, once I got through the excessiva CAPTCHAs and confusing screens, Steam faded into the background and did not bother me any more. Now I just doubleclick on the RealFlight desktop icon and the app starts up
  8. PeteCress

Spektrum NX10 and RF 9.5S

I am using software-only 9.5s with my NX10 and the Spektrum dongle with no problems.
  9. PeteCress

Has anybody found an aircraft simulation for a paramotor? e.g. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-high-performance-paramotor-pnf-2250mm.html Looks like KnifeEdge is history. I downloaded all five volumes from https://www.realflight.com/support/kb/article.php?q=16-1033, but do not see...
  10. PeteCress

AeroScout Panic Button Setup?

Has anybody made Panic mode work on their AeroScout simulation? If so, what channel needs tb assigned to the chosen button? Or isn't it that simple?
  11. PeteCress

SAFE Select Switch: can I program it into my radio?

I have answered my own question. * Function List / System Setup / Channel Assign /Channel Input Config / 6 Aux1: Assign to a three-position switch like D. * Function List / Digital Switch Setup: Select switch D and set Pos 1 to 50%. All three Flight Modes are now available via the Gadgets /...
  12. PeteCress

SAFE Select Switch: can I program it into my radio?

On the AeroScout in RF with the "Flight Modes" popup visible, I can toggle between "SAFE Beginner" and "AS3X: Experienced" by pressing and holding the Bind button on my NX10 radio. But I cannot figure out how to select "SAFE: Intermediate". It shows on the popup, but I cannot select it. Is...
  13. PeteCress

New Purchaser Unable to Install

It's even better than that: even after updating to v9.50.038, RF abends with Failed to load DLL DINPUT8.dll. And their installer was nothing to write home about... I think this thing is going back to Amazon and I am going to give a bootleg version of now-defunct Phoenix a try. If Phoenix...
  14. PeteCress

Well, I owe apologies to all. Went back and re-examined the packaging and, sure enough, I had carelessly missed the 2 included DVDs. I am in the process of running the install as I write this. Again, I apologize for jerking everybody around.
  15. PeteCress

In the box, or on the box? I paid for RealFlight, but received only the Spektrum controller.
Back