Recent content by ragface

1. R

How close are the eflight models to thier realife counterparts?

Simulators are awesome for fun, for learning, and practice. A sim will help teach you orientation, flying towards and away from you and help learn landing and take off. I highly recommend a sim. If you are even half serious about learning and flying definitely get a sim. Having said that, a...
  2. R

Back to talking about RF

I'm reading all this stuff on RF7, plus talked to a tech, re something else, but asked about RF7 and just can't figure out why I should pay anything for it. So far to me, just sounds like a version update, like 6 to 6.5. I love Real Flight but darn if I can figure why I should shell out $50...
  3. R

Request Aircraft here

Here is a bigger Daddy O view shot, this should help, if not let me know. Thanks so much for the interest!
  4. R

Request Aircraft here

O.K. (here goes my third try to post this stuff). Basic model specs are as follows; Airframe Type Sport Control Layout 4 Channel R/E/A/T Airframe Construction Balsa Wing Span (in.) 52.5 Wing Area (sq. in.) 485 Length (in.) 42 Flying Weight (oz.) 36 Loading (oz. / sq. ft.) 10.7 Wing...
  5. R

Request Aircraft here

If "3 view" means 3d, no I don't. A Google image search brings up all I have access to, try this link: https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&aq=f&oq=daddy%20o&rlz=1T4GUEA_en___US426&q=daddy+o+525&biw=1323&bih=711&sei=b-rET8mYLaPOsgL_-tHaCQ&tbm=isch thx
  6. R

Request Aircraft here

Model aircraft request This is my first request, hoping I do it correctly. I would love to see a version of the Stevens Aero model Daddy O 525. I will be building this great model and would love to fly it on the sim. Pretty sure others would enjoy as it is a cool airplane. Here is a...
  7. R

Request Aircraft here

model request Hope this is the correct place to do this. I would love to have a model of Easy Star with flattened wings and Ailerons. I've done this to one of my Easy Stars (plus motor upgrade) and would love to fly it on the G 4 sim. In real life it is a great and fun plane to fly.
  8. R

Request Aircraft Here!

I would love to see the easy star with a flat wing and ailerons. Several folks have made such a mod and it really is a whole new airplane. If an ameteur designer could do same I would love to get pointed in that direction. thx
  9. R

Electric Pitts

thx, not quite the same as the Pitts S 2s but works fine (I thought it was a little goosey until I discovered I had the dual rates on :) )
  10. R

Electric Pitts

Has anyone designed an electric version of the Pitts? Would anyone care to ---please? I am not a designer at all, I tried to put an electric engine in the standard Pitt and couldn't even take off!
  11. R

P-38 landing

Thx, that did it! :)
  12. R

P-38 landing

OPJOSE, good reply and very good point. I've noticed with some planes no matter how hard i land they survive, ...doesn't seem correct. But here is my BIG question: several people have talked of, mostly improving strength (i like your decreasing strength approach) but look as I may at the edit...
  13. R

P-38 landing

Thanks guys, all good input. It really is the only ship I have trouble with and I think I've got it now. Never force it down, never drop it, just kiss the ground and she works great. I do really love that airplane, one of my favorites!
  14. R

P-38 landing

15. R

P-38 landing

I can successfully land virtually every fixed wing model in the G4 except the P-38. It breaks in half almost 75% of the time on landing no matter how gentle I try to land it. Is this a program defect, plane defect or me/pilot defect? :confused: Comments/suggestions very welcome! :o
Back