Recent content by Richord

1. R

RealFlight aerodynamics

I realize this and my expectations would be that the developers actually fly these planes before they develop them or at least some of them. Or at a minimum have people test that have flown them, watch videos and study characteristics, etc. For example, I bought expansion pack #5 thinking that...
  2. R

RealFlight aerodynamics

Ideally, the Realflight developers could have an option for realistic vs. optomized (arcade) mode for each plane. More work, but would give the novices and experienced pilots what the want... I know this is a Realflight forum, but I purchased phoenix because some were raving about the free...
  3. R

Reactor Bipe EP in expansion pack #5 question?

Bingo! Yes, we can all set our planes up differently - sim or real life. However, I have my plane in real life setup with the manufacturers recommended hardware, throws, etc. So, if anyone made any tweaks to the RF Reactor Bipe that they feel made it fly more like the real model, I would like...
  4. R

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  5. R

Anyone have expansion pack 5 with the Reactor Bipe EP and also actually fly the real plane. If so do you find it flies pretty close to the real plane in the sim. If not, did you adjust your settings to get it to fly closer to your real plane?
  6. R

Model - G3.5 TREX 450 Pro FBL?

I tried searching... Is there a model for G3.5 of the TREX 450 Pro FBL? Preferably based on the 3GX. Or at the very least, settings to mimic this setup.
  7. R

Is there a timer you can set for flight time?

I'm trying to see if I overlooked something or not... Just want to be able to set a count down timer or battery alarm to simulate the count down timer in my DX7. Is this possible in G3.5?
  8. R

How to fix Heli pitch up in G3/G3.5???

Thanks... I realize that they do it to a certain degree in RL. However, when I had RF G2, the Trex 450X model was really exaggerated, so I thought it was a glitch. In G3.5, the Trex 450 SE V2 model I have now seems more realistic, where it exhibits the condition, but doesn't over do it when...
  9. R

Wing loading...

I could tell that you put some time into getting that one right... Your airfoils and such were populated correctly, where as the AV for the Extreme Flight Extra 300 had the same airfoils for the horizontal and vertical stabs as the main wings. I had to change them to the flat balsa... Perhaps...
  10. R

Wing loading...

I Pm'd someone about the Eflite Extra 260 model they did, because the wing loading came out to around 8.5 and I thought that was light. But he stated that he felt the plane really did fly like the sim... He stated that RF doesn't not calc. the battery in the dry weight/wing loading. However...
  11. R

Wing loading...

Since one of the most important factors of how a plane will initially fly is wing loading... Does everyone seem to feel that if the wing loading is set in RF to the aircrafts actual wing loading spec.'s (overall weight in ounces/(wing area in square inches/144) is fairly acurate? Or is the...
  12. R

Extreme Flight Extra 300 E 45" model???

I believe I got it... Got to tweak it though. I have them setup with the same motor, prop. and battery. The Eflite seems to stay in the air at about 15 - 18 mph, while the Extreme Flight seems to need a little over 20mph to remain airborn. Not sure if that would be accurate in RL or not.
  13. R

I've seen the Eflight extra 260, but not the Extreme Flight Extra 300 E. Maybe a 330 version... But not the 300 E. If you've seen that specific model, please post a link to it.
  14. R

I have the Eflight extra 260 EA, which is a similar plane and similar size to the Extreme Flight Extra 300 E, but since I have not flown the Eflight or Extreme flight in RL - I'm not sure how to mimic their flight characteristics yet. So, I was hoping there was an AV already setup.
  15. R

Custom prop.'s and Heli Blades?

Yes, this is about RF... I'm simply looking to see if anyone has the correct values to mimic those setups.
Back