Recent content by rollingcircle

1. R

LF "realistic" giant scale gas powered airplane

I wish you good luck in whatever route you choose. I've found, for me, after a layoff, it was nerves and confidence, but I pursued and became more relaxed. Good Luck!
  2. R

It's hard to exactly interpret what you're looking for. But yes, there are many plane downloads to choose from; maybe you can find something close to what you want and "tweek" it. Nothing substitutes for the real thing and practice.
  3. R

Back when I had RF2, there were no 3D aircraft available. So, I designed my own using RF2 to simulate my own aircraft, which was 3D capable. After weeks of fine tuning, I was satisfied with the outcome. There are many adjustments that can be made to weight and balance, throws, power ratio, wing...
  4. R

How would you rate RF to the real thing?

As far as real flying, I would start with a trainer aircraft that can take some abuse. The tendency I have seen over the years is for new pilots making the turn in for landing is to get confused and excited, losing concentration, and jamming the sticks.' A good approach on landing is to face...
  5. R

A couple of trainee pilot questions!!!!

I would suggest a new pilot not to play with dual rates; expo may be useful.
  6. R

The idea is maintaining the same feel with low stick input, whether on high or low rates. Just my opinion.
  7. R

....you can set the roll rate to your preference; not necessarily an extremely slow roll; mine is about a 1-2 second roll........
  8. R

Yes, but now I have full control. On aileron low rate, expo is not needed.......if very little. You're right. With ailerons on high rate to create uniform rolls, any little movement of the stick would create some deviance in roll rate.
  9. R

On the 3D aircraft I fly, including the REAL 9 simulator, I only use dual rates on the ailerons. The elevator and rudder are always at high rate, with approx. 80% expo. This allows me to perform almost every maneuver where the stick input is more proportional to what you're attempting to do...
  10. R

RF 8 Sound Card Error

I forgot to mention that R9 now opens with no error message........
  11. R

RF 8 Sound Card Error

I found the fix. Go to settings-sound-output-device properties-additional device properties-advanced-select 16 bit playback-apply; done. The sound is working again.
  12. R

RF 8 Sound Card Error

I went to the control panel and but there are no previous versions; thanks for the post.
  13. R

RF 8 Sound Card Error

....additionaly, I have the same computer.
  14. R

RF 8 Sound Card Error

I have the same exact issue with RF 9. It just started a few days ago and I've searched and tried everything, including reloading the program with no luck. If you find a fix, please post it and I will do the same.
Back