Recent content by romanl

1. R

what do I do after importing KEX file?

I have downloaded a ZIP file from a kit manufacturer that included a KEX file along with several other file types in the archive. I did the "import KEX" and G4 indicated it succeded. Now what do I do to get the airplane simulation going? I can't find it under any of the model listings...
  2. R

Where is the high start? or Winch

The one I just found was in the Thermal Park simulation. Go to "edit simulation". "bungee launch" will appear as an option if you look through the various edit parameters. I have no found any other instances, but I'm new to this myself and have not spent much time looking.
  3. R

Sailplane launching

Thanks, Carl; I really appreciate the help. I'm really looking for the landing practice with the sailplanes, which is what I mostly fly. Some guys don't seem to understand you can't fly a sailplane until AFTER it's launched, judging by some of the postings.
  4. R

Sailplane launching

Opjose, your inputs seem very helpful, but I have not been able to find in the editor where I can set the start point (altitude) or initial velocity. Please offer some guidance here to a newbie with G4. The manual does not seem to address these points. Thanks again for helpful information.
  5. R

Sailplane launching

I guess I'm too new with G4 to know how to use the editor to set an altitude. Thanks for the comments.
  6. R

Sailplane launching

Why bother having models for sailplanes when there is no simulation of hi-start or winch launch capability? That is a fundamental flaw in G4 that I hope will be corrected soon. What does everyone else think, or am I the only sailplane enthusiast here?
Back