Recent content by royp

1. royp

Does VR work well in RealFlight 10?

I wasn't aware of that -- thanks for the history. Seems like KE could have given the option of "legacy" or "upgraded" graphics. It's nice that KE was faithful to their installed base. Since there appears to be no reason to upgrade to 10 at this time, I'll stick with 8 until such time that an...
  2. royp

I believe it to be the low resolution of RF graphics itself. It's what gives RF such a high FPS rate, and allows it to run OK on old hardware. My Samsung Samsung HMD Odyssey VR goggles are very sharp, crisp, and responsive in a VR flight simulator that exploits the GPU. It has 2880 x 1600...
  3. royp

Thanks for the feedback. When Knife Edge Software was forced to upgrade to DX11 due to incompatibility with modern PC's, I thought it was a good thing because now their graphics would be state-of-the-art. But sounds like I was wrong. Apparently they kept their old graphics...
  4. royp

Is DLSS supported?

You are right. I'm getting 750fps on RF8. For sure KnifeEdge isn't pushing immersive/intensive graphics (ala Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020)!
  5. royp

Is DLSS supported?

Is Nvidia DLSS supported in the DX11 version?
  6. royp

Thanks for the feedback. Per that other post it sounds like DX11 made a difference. The only way to simulate the full immersion of flying at the field is to use VR. Depth Perception is such a critical part of RC flying. 2D simulation is just not adequate for practicing aerobatics. Please...
  7. royp

Apparently nobody uses VR that's on this forum? I see that RF-Evo has upgraded to DirectX 11. This should make quite a difference within RC-Evo Beta. ps - I made a mistake in my original posting. I have Samsung HMD Odyssey VR goggles. They still work well in Windows 10 and have high...
  8. royp

I am currently on RF8 (and have used it for many past releases). I use my Samsung Gear VR goggles to fly in VR with other simulators and games and it works fine (I fly Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 a lot). I have a gaming PC. I tried using VR with RF8 and it worked but was unusable due to...
  9. royp

formation flying

I didn't know you could play a recording and fly at the same time. I'll check that out. The other person has a Mac so can't do online flying in RF. If he was to come to my house to fly RC sim we might as well go to RC field and fly for real. Thanks for ideas. Later...
  10. royp

formation flying

I'm looking for an RC sim that will allow/facilitate fpv formation flying for practice. Does RF8 or 9 support this? It would be great if another plane could autopilot while I attempted to fly formation with it from cockpit view.
  11. royp

Wanted: Qq extra 300

No, one was never developed. The Eflite Visionaire is similar.
  12. royp

Indoor Flying

I signed up for winter indoor flying through local community ed, and would like to practice using RF8 in a gym with my E-flite UMX Yak 54 3D (AS3X). I have RF8 with the HH upgrade. I'm looking for a gymnasium scenery and either the UMX Yak 54 model, or something akin to it. Searching the swap...
  13. royp

RF 8 Worth buying?

I don't have RF-X to compare, but AFS2, DCS, and Project Cars 2 are getting good frame rates for me using a factory overclocked 1060, and the resolution in my Samsung WMR HMD is maxed out (1440x1600). If RF-X is not achieving this I would wonder if the graphics API's in RF-X are working...
  14. royp

RF 8 Worth buying?

Good thoughts. I'm not sure about the logic of trying to support older PC's -- one can always run older versions of RF. Anyone with VR has moved on to state-of-the-art hardware, which can support better graphics than the DirectX 9 that RF8 is built on. Anyone with an older PC can still run 2D...
  15. royp

RF 8 Worth buying?

Having three separate products, RF-X, RF-8, and RF-Drone, is kind of like the old saying "A man with one watch knows what time it is, but a man with two is never sure". I really don't understand this business decision. Why not have one desirable RF that does all three and brings everything to...
Back