Recent content by soarguy

1. S

Blanik?

Donamy, I tried that one, but it will not load into my sim. The error message says something about a newer version, but I don't know if it is referring to the sim version or something else. Please remember that I am still running 6.5 [cause I'm cheap..] so perhaps your choice won't run in 6.5...
  2. S

Blanik?

Yeah, I flipped through the swap pages and didn't find anything. The one that I had before might have been removed; who knows!
  3. S

Blanik?

Does anyone have a Blanik L-13 that will run in 6.5? I used to have one, but a hard drive crash killed it... Thanks much, Charles
  4. S

Goldberg Gentle Lady

I had to have the hard drive replaced in my PC, and I lost a number of my sim aircraft after the meltdown. One that I can not find again is Goldberg's Gentle Lady glider. Anybody have that one that you might share? Thanks, Charles
  5. S

model search

All, It seems like I remember seeing the Goldberg Gentle Lady glider in the swap pages, but I can't seem to find it this morning. Anybody know how to find it? Thanks, soarguy
  6. S

Request Aircraft here

Dg-1000 Hi again, Found a better 3-view. :cool: soarguy
  7. S

Request Aircraft here

New glider, anyone? I wonder if somebody who is able to do these kinds of things, would care to model a DG1000 glider? It's one of my all-time faves, and would be great fun to have in my RF 'hanger'. Something in the 2.5 to 3.0 meter span range would be manageable, I would think. Thanks...
  8. S

G5.5 BOT command changes

Success Thanks very much for the help. I've just been into the editor: it works, and I am grateful for the direction. Thanks again! :)
  9. S

G5.5 BOT command changes

All, The Bird Of Time that is in the original program has rudder command set to channel 1 [Futaba radio, mode 2, ailerons] and I would REALY like to change it to the proper mode 2 place, on channel 4. I've tried reading the book [honest!] and got nowhere. I tried every menu item I could...
  10. S

What aircraft would you want to see in Expansion Pack 8?

Gliders and gliders and gliders... Norton, Thanks for the idea; looks like there are more there than I realized. The problem for me, is that a lot of the offerings are from earlier RF versions and do not 'work' in G5.5. I'll try a couple and see, but if they don't run correctly, they're...
  11. S

What aircraft would you want to see in Expansion Pack 8?

What would I like...? Gliders. Lots of gliders. Both scale and marketed designs,and like what was built from magazine plans ...woodies! RF has more power subjects and heli's that I will never use, and would benefit from more... GLIDERS!!! soarguy :D :D :D
  12. S

Spot landing marker

I am having trouble finding [or figuring out how to add] a spot-landing marker, that I can insert 'into' an existing airport; would like to be able to practice landings with a glider. Also, are there any other mostly-glider-types out there? Would you be interested in direct communication on...
  13. S

Aircraft mods

Thanks Gents, thanks for the input. I don't know if I have the chops for 3D modeling [and I SURELY do not have enough computer...] or not, but maybe sometime soon. I'll have a go at the listed mods in the editor, and see what happens. :)
  14. S

Aircraft mods

All, I have had a fair amount of success with altering specific parameters in G5.5 for a particular aircraft, such as CG adjustment, airfoil changes, wing chord change, those kinds of things. Now, I would like to experiment with changing components on an aircraft; i.e., changing a tail surfaces...
  15. S

Sim model realism

All, I am wondering about the relative realism in the models that are presented in the G5.5 sim. I fly mostly gliders, and every one that was in the initial program or was down loaded from the swap pages has needed, at minimum, the CG shifted back to alow it to fly 'hands off' in still air...
Back