Recent content by SPQR33

1. SPQR33

Errort

Go here, click on RF 9 issues. Click on all related RF9 forums. https://www.google.com/search?q=error+%3A+d3derr_invalidcall+file%3A+dxeffect.cpp+line%3A+850&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.89766955j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8. Resolution awaits. Works for most. Was a previous posting of your...
  2. SPQR33

RF 9.5 Using new Win-11 Pro OS.

Folks: It All Works. Not sure if start at the Beginning, or just the End. I’ll split the difference. Had 18- YO HP desktop/tower running Win-7 Premium, with its integrated Intel UHD vid card, DirectX9 compliant. Bought new HP with Win-11 Pro, but its integrated Intel UHD vid card only supports...
  3. SPQR33

Folks: You all have my sincere thanks for this advice. The new vid card I'm getting is this " PNY GeForce GT 1030 2GB (GMG103WN3H2CX1KTP) ". What Best-Buy-Geeks offered was their version V2 of this card series. I found the version V5. Got it from Amazon for $119. ship free; currently...
  4. SPQR33

Nope, I don't play any games on my machines. I'm a retired sales and applications engineer in heavy industry repairs/services. I use it for e-mails, research, and training of new sales engineers. Your RF 9.5xxx ran fine on my old HP Pavilion running Win-7 Home Premium, with its integrated vid...
  5. SPQR33

Just back from Best Buy Geeks. Better yet, see this: " https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb-pci-e-3-0-graphics-card-black/5901353.p?skuId=5901353 ". Copy/paste in your browser. It's $122. If I have the Geeks install it, it's only $85. Backward compatible to DirectX 7...
  6. SPQR33

Sir: Learned that HP doesn't offer vid cards. My Win-11 Pro desktop tower machine has a PCle x16 slot; I need a card with DVI/VGA/HDMI/USB 2.0 to work with my 2-port KVM switch. Found several used Nvidia (many versions) on eBay from $15. up to $250. And Amazon new from $70 up to $1,250. All...
  7. SPQR33

Sir: Perhaps I could have stated this much better. If HP does offer a DirectX9 compatible vid card, that means that my desktop tower has the slots on its board. I'll then know which / what to buy from someone else. Since my machine is only 3 weeks old and under warranty, I'll have the Geek...
  8. SPQR33

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/intel-igpu-beta-fix-feedback-thread.57856/page-2#post-359779 Sir: See your other post. And nope, I got no clue about this. I don't have a laptop; it's an HP Pavilion Desktop tower with only the integrated Intel vid system, no Nvidia anything...
  9. SPQR33

Sir: I did another Full Uninstall, and don't plan to do another reinstall attempt. As you can see from my above post, I got one of these integrated Intel graphics cards on my new Win-11 Pro machine. Digging deep into research, and from viewing other threads, it appears that your DVD version...
  10. SPQR33

Sir: Followed both of your links as above. Added the new .dll file. Still not working. Upon first install (and yes, I added 3- launcher file exclusions to my Norton AV as on my old Win-7 machine), I initially got my old Night Timber as the log-on screen. Seems I forgot to delete one folder...
  11. SPQR33

Folks: Been off flying 18 mos. due to several Eye surgeries. Had R9.5 installed / Updated / Highly Modified on my old Win-7 machine. Tried to do a fresh install on my new Win-11 Pro machine. I did a full back-up and transfer from Win-7 to the new Win-11 and transferred all files/Folders/Apps...
  12. SPQR33

I think I probably need a (new?) graphics card (running latest RF9.5 on Win 10 Home x86 with Intel Core i7-4790, 64 bit on 64-based processor)

May I offer an alternative. I have RF 9.5.038, and always do my practice flying from the Evergreen Field. I'll also keep Ground in View, as that is like you standing there, watching birds fly around you. Consider going to the Task Bar, Gadgets, and select Binocular - 3. When your plane is...
  13. SPQR33

Battery Compatibility.

Hoping this is the right forum to ask the experts. Simple question that I can’t seem to get the folks at H-H or Spektrun to respond to. It’s not an emergency or tech problem. I got one of their E-flite 1.2m Twin Otters, which takes their usual 2200mAh 11.1VDC 3S 30C or 50C or 100C Li-po...
  14. SPQR33

Adjusting C of G position

10-4.
  15. SPQR33

Adjusting C of G position

BrokeDad: Saw your post, and I’m a bit confused about setting C-G in RF9.5.038. The manual for my X1.2m Night Timber says to measure from the wing’s leading edge back 89mm to 102mm (3.504” to 4.016”), and I pre-set it to mid 3.760” for her initial flights. Installing a larger 14.V battery showed...
Back