Recent content by spykez

1. spykez

Help! RealFlight Evolution Aircraft Design for newbs.

Thanks @legoman Will try it. Do you recommend smoothing out all objects (select all, right click) after splitting edges? Lack of Blender skills really showing. I'm going to try and model something a little more interesting. Hopefully not too ambitious! WW2 Polish High Wing Monoplane. PZL...
  2. spykez

Had a look at this closer and it does look like the mixing really is done radio-side and not on any added components i.e. a flight controller that the servos plug into it. I suppose the excuse I have is I'm not a plane nut, but I should have thought of this first!
  3. spykez

@legoman , may I ask how you got such an even white texture here? Any guidance on this? Mine as shown is horrid. THanks
  4. spykez

I found this as well, a beechcraft bonanza. It's fairly old - I am not sure how deprecated the design of this model is, but may be worth looking at. https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/beechcraft-bonanza-v35_ea.10866/ There was a predator model going around before but I have a...
  5. spykez

At work, and just had an idea. If there's no gyro mixing it on board, logically then the mixing, if any, must be done on the radio. Duh, that just came to me!
  6. spykez

This is a glider that comes with RF Not sure if this is the optimal way to do it Have to rush to work so I can't test the tail movements, maybe the model mixes the elevator and rudders find from what I see here, I don't know and doubt it.
  7. spykez

Thanks so much. Learning quite a bit here. Must visit your discord too. I also figured out why I needed a servo reverser, the plane I made is a taildrager, the pt-40 is tricycle I wonder is there a way to *not* inherit physics from a prior known model and just roll your own?
  8. spykez

Ok, I see, the first example is messing with the normals?
  9. spykez

Fixed the rudder and steering gear. I didn't mess with the normals directly, instead I selected the entire model and right-click menu smoothed it. Left the 2 wheels unsmoothed so they did not appear like shallow cones. Looks better but the texture still looks awful.. like the plane is made from...
  10. spykez

I was wondering about what the edge split modifier did. Is using smoothing from 'normals' any better than chopping up a mesh into faces?
  11. spykez

I will, thanks! I should have thought of just reversing the servo, too, lol. Will try those fixes and try and hack the front to add in an engine and spinner tomorrow. Any ideas how to get a nicer cosmetic finish? I basically found just a foam material jpg off the web and converted it to a tga...
  12. spykez

Looks like @ss but it flies. I supposed I achieved the 2 week target I set this time, but I remember I'd been meaning to try something like this ten years ago lol. Took the physics off the PT-40 airplane 1. Textures look horrid. 2. I think I messed up the SG and rudder pivots. I think I know...
  13. spykez

Thanks for the info. Progress been a bit slow, mainly trying to learn Blender but have managed to mirror a plane-like shape, cut out some control surfaces. Just need to cut out the wings, stabs and name and check the pivots, hopefully this model will turn out better than the other one! Edit...
  14. spykez

That's good to know. Not that I am in any danger yet of remotely encountering this unless I generate too many vertices smoothing stuff out. Just out of curiosity, how many polygons does a typical model of yours have @legoman ?
  15. spykez

AHahaha.... I'm still struggling learning the blender UI. Just got back at it, trying to create a new plain vanilla plank, improved Mk II. This time trying to some new tools like the mirror modifier.... Still looks worse than a 5 year old's drawing but getting the hang of it. Now just have...
Back