Recent content by straver

1. S

Heli Suggestion for beginner?

Good news from HH! They finally acknowledged their mistake and are issuing me a refund for the wrong batteries!! I guess I get to stay a loyal customer.
  2. S

Well I think that were it not for you and a few others I would probably have given up on the RF9.5 because I started here trying to get the RF dongle to work with my DX8. With the support of this group I even started experimenting on the sim with helis and now I have three real ones! I also...
  3. S

Thanks Marcus. I don't want to cause problems I'm just trying to learn. I have posted on RC Groups but I don't get the response and support I get here. Of course it probably doesn't help when I expose HH's poor service either.
  4. S

Thanks Marcus. Is there another forum where you post that is more appropriate for our discussions?
  5. S

Okay. Thank you sir.
  6. S

Does the Smart charger charge batteries that have been converted from JST to IC2? i.e. doesn't have to be a "real" smart battery for the smart charger to work?
  7. S

I do have a small shop near by. I'll give them a try. Just seems with the radical change in connector from the V1 and V2 versions, they could include a $2 adapter in the BNF box for all the loyal folks who had batteries already as well as NOT to show the JST batteries as compatible.
  8. S

I haven't been able to find them anywhere except on backorder at HH. Most sites (even amazon) don't even have a listing for them.
  9. S

Where did you get the adapter to charge the IC2 Batts?
  10. S

Where did you find the IC2 connectors?
  11. S

Hi Marcus! Thanks for the heads up on the 230! I got one too but got badly ripped off by HH in the process. Back in March when the BNF was still on backorder I had reached the point in my training that I knew I was going to eventually get the 230, so I placed an order thinking I would be on the...
  12. S

My club has a winter weekly fly in a huge warehouse which is great except that its Wednesday mornings from 9 to 12 and I haven't retired yet. Good to know about the throttle cut, yet it's hard to reach the switch when you're trying to recover rather than crash. Kind of like the panic button. I...
  13. S

Practice yes! The SAFE mode on this thing is less restrictive by far than on the fixed wings. I can bank in normal mode quite a bit! Good to know about the panic button. Maybe when I get outside I can try it.
  14. S

Nano S3 Update- Came about 2 hours ago, and since I had the DX8 already set up (thank you!) all I had to do was bind and fly. I did about 3 batteries so far indoors. Just hovering tail in and moving around a bit. Seems very stable! Occasionally I had a small amount of tail twitch and I did have...
Back