Recent content by swanley007

1. swanley007

Bye Bye To All - Leaving GP/Hobbico

Hello All, As most of you have already figured out through my posts, I work in the Software Support Department for Great Planes (Hobbico). I just wanted to announce to all of you that I will be finished working here on Friday. I will be going back down South to take another job. It will be...
  2. swanley007

Feature Request - Engine Specs

Hello All, I want to chime in as a Support Tech. All of us here are aware of this feature and I personally use it regularly. I am not trying to call anyone a lier, but rather offer up any more information that is needed. If you would like, you can post the first name of the person you talked...
  3. swanley007

Setup error occurred in real flight G5

Hello, Ensure all security software is temporarily disabled. Also, ensure DEP is set correctly. You can see instructions in the following post: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=25835 One of these two is most likely the culprit.
  4. swanley007

Field Radio Settings - Post Your Success Stories

Hello All, Anytime you run RealFlight, you must use the red reset button to "validate" the Interlink controller prior to using the space bar. It has to do with anti-piracy to ensure the Interlink is connected. I usually recommend selecting the Interlink first thing after starting the...
  5. swanley007

Annoying clouds at Joe's Garage.

I guess we all see what we want, but like any software there are Easter Eggs. Seriously, Google it! You will find many (almost all) software has Easter Eggs. Did you know that an earlier version of Microsoft Word has a flight simulator in it? I have even added many easter eggs to software...
  6. swanley007

Adding Sound

I am with Great Planes Support. Please remember though that the developers are Knife Edge, not Great Planes. We do have a great deal of technical information and personal experience with all aspects of REALFLIGHT. This information all came from training/Knife Edge/ Personal use. Since this...
  7. swanley007

Adding Sound

Hello All, I love the sound emitter function. Has anyone been able to import more sounds/wav files to allow a larger selection in the sound emitter sound object parameter. Any help would be great. Thank You All!
  8. swanley007

The model uses too few bitmap materials ERROR

HERE IS MY SMALL TUTORIAL ON HOW TO DO THIS: **Assumes Python and 3ds2kex export tool has been installed 1) Open Blender 2) In Link and Materials, Change ME:Cube to ME:FUSELAGE 3) Change Object Mode to Edit Mode 4) Right Click on Dividing Line Between Top and Bottom Toolbars and Select Split...
  9. swanley007

Thank you for that, but please remember that I am using blender. the tutorial text from Knife edge reads: Mine does not show up on the cube, and evedently attach itself.
  10. swanley007

I am using the NexSTAR tutorial, and the cube named FUSELAGE to just ge an idea of what is going on. Can you give me a quick process of how to ensure this?
  11. swanley007

Hello all, Here is a paste from the run: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>cd 3ds2kex C:\3ds2kex>3ds2kex -v3 -s c:\test\test.3ds Loaded c:\test\test.3ds. Processing materials. Material Material. The model uses too few...
  12. swanley007

Blender Export Tool Not Working

[SOLVED] Blender Export Tool Not Working Hello All, I have downloaded an renamed the Blender 3ds kex eport tool. I have renamed the .txt to .py. Alos, I have place the file in the USER\AppData\Blender Foundation\.Blender\Scripts folder. When running Blender in Debug/Normal mode, I get...
  13. swanley007

RF G5 on a Mac

Hello All, Please realize that RealFlight was not designed to work with any virtualization software like VMWare, parallels, etc. As such, you are basically in a "test environment" when using these products. KnifeEdge, Great Planes, etc makes no guantees as to the reliability, stability...
  14. swanley007

Plane Sound Problems with latest patch??

Hello All, In recent updates the functionality for surround sound was added. This is great for those who would like to add the realism of surround sound (THANKS KNIFE EDGE!!). One side effect of this added ability is that those whom are using a surround sound capable card, without the...
Back