Recent content by TomC

1. T

RF9.5s Steam really annoying

Ya, but you still need to initially be on the internet in order to login to Steam before you can go offline. This explains the process; https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0E18-319B-E34B-B2C8
  2. T

VR support in 9.5S

The secret to get good VR with rf9.5s using Oculus/Meta headsets is to run it through SteamVR. If you run it through the Oculus runtime the colors are very washed out. Also, with SteamVR you can set the % visuals (on a per app basis) higher if your PC specs are good enough. This has been the...
  3. T

USB Extension

I use a 5m (16ft) usb2 active extension cable with my Interlink DX and it works perfectly. I plug it into a PC usb3 port but the usb2 cable ensures it ends up usb2, which my DX seems to like better.
  4. T

Menu bar not visible

Ya, good one mate. That command is actually in my rf9.5 manual and also listed in the Help/show commands (H key). Still works with RF9.5s, esc to exit. Hopefully also works with Evolution. Cheers.
  5. T

Menu bar not visible

Not sure if this is still necessary but in previous RF versions I found I needed to select a US Keyboard in windows for RF to then allow the ~ command to work properly.
  6. T

oculusVRResolutionScale

Like previous RF VR versions since RF8 you are best to startup RF in SteamVR mode, not Oculus mode. This will produce much better colors/contrast imho. If you have a good VR-ready PC you shouldn't notice any loss in performance.
  7. T

oculusVRResolutionScale

Pretty sure that command only works with Oculus/Meta VR headsets like it does with RF9.5s. For other headsets you probably need to adjust your SteamVR % visuals. With my VP1 and RF9.5s (still haven't made the jump to Evolution yet) I've found it best to set SteamVR visuals manually (not auto)...
  8. T

Free Upgrade and Discounted Upgrade Information

Actually the DX conreoller doesn't work great with RF8 (front left 3-way only works as a 2-way). You really need rf9 or higher. I have rf9.5s and it works great. Also works great with Aerofly RC8 (available on Steam). I use it mainly for VR and rf9.5s with a 2d monitor.
  9. T

Please Explain!

Thanks again and ya, fair enough. Whenever RF gets a more modern graphics engine and works better in VR (no real VR improvements since RF8) I'll def go for it!
  10. T

Please Explain!

Ya, thanks, I've got all that. I'm probably more interested in getting actual user feedback.
  11. T

Please Explain!

Sorry to need to ask this, but as a very longtime RF user, (since RF2), and one who now uses VR for most games/sims, why the heck would I spend us$70 upgrading RF9.5s, while I'm already pretty happy with rf9.5s, and mainly use it 2D flatscreen? Maybe I'm missing something? Please explain, thanks.
  12. T

12th generation Intel fix

Thanks, ya, not too bad eh! It cost me a small fortune though (~aud$7,000). So far I haven't had any RF related problems. I don't have RFE, just RF9.5s. I'm still sorting out a few win11 issues, nothing too serious. This PC came loaded with win11 and I for a while I thought about just doing...
  13. T

12th generation Intel fix

Sorry, probably a bit off topic; I just got my nice new i9 13900k/rtx4090/32Gb 5200 ram rig up and running with win11. RF 9.5s loaded up and ran fine using my Spektrum Interlink DX controller. For VR using my Quest 2 and Quest Pro I still find it best to run it though SteamVR (better...
  14. T

Free Upgrade and Discounted Upgrade Information

Pretty silly thing to do mate imho. Since I purchased RF9.5 from HH I'd expect to get Evolution for free. The move to RF9.5s was mainly only a benefit to the developer to begin with so there is not good reason to treat 9.5 and 9.5s users differently imho. I can assure you that there is no way...
  15. T

Twinstar- 250 INSANE Ultra 3D_AV

Looks very cool. We can never have too many 3D planes and heli's. It would be nice if there was a switch option to turn on/off rudder controlled differential throttle. This should allow for even more extreme 3D moves, lol!
Back