Recent content by tridge

1. tridge

detachable package drop - preventing reset

ahh, that was it, thank you! I had it at 2s as that works nicely when developing the aircraft. Setting it to zero fixes the issue. much appreciated!
  2. tridge

detachable package drop - preventing reset

I'm working on a VTOL plane that can drop a package, simulating dropping of a rescue medical package. Brandon MacDougall has created a nice model for me to do that, and setting the package as a detachable with a servo works, but as soon as the package hits the ground the whole aircraft resets...
  3. tridge

enter menu without ESC key?

unfortunately I can't get to the console. I've now installed VirtualBox 7.0.2 (was using 6.1) and now I can't launch RealFlight at all, just get this:
  4. tridge

I suspect it is some sort of DirectX problem. I enabled the menu bar in the ini file with ShowMainMenuBar=BOOL:Yes and it did show the menus, but they are not selectable. I haven't found a DirectX setting in the ini file that fixes it yet
  5. tridge

Is there a hotkey other than ESC to bring up the menus? The reason I ask is I'm trying to run Realflight Evolution in a VirtualBox win10 VM. I do this when I'm using my Linux laptop (normally I run RF on a win10 gaming machine desktop, but switch to Linux laptop when away from home). The problem...
  6. tridge

Creating photofield scenery

Has anyone tried to use one of the 360 photo apps on android to create the image? I'm thinking something like this with google street view app
  7. tridge

RealFlight Link with RealFlight Evolution

I've been testing RealFlight Evolution with ArduPilot and so far all is good. I seem to be getting much higher frame rates (approx 2x) which translates to significantly better performance. The semi-lockstep system still works nicely, so I can step through the ArduPilot code with gdb and the...
  8. tridge

Autonomous aerobatics demo

We've been having fun with scripted aerobatics for ArduPilot using RF9.5. I thought a few people here might like to see a demo: The model is available for download here: https://github.com/ArduPilot/SITL_Models/tree/master/RealFlight/Released_Models/Planes/FliteTest3DXL Some instructions for...
  9. tridge

radio gadget and flightaxis

any update on this? I notice we now have the radio mode menu (which is great btw, I use Mode1!). Maybe that helps with the hooks for having it display the real radio input?
  10. tridge

Momentum drag for VTOL aircraft

the drag when the vtol props aren't spinning is OK already, the issue is the lack of additional drag when motors start spinning. The vtol motors act as a type of airbrake. That is a problem when doing a fwd transition as it means you need a bigger fwd engine to get past the "transition drag" and...
  11. tridge

yes, it flies pretty well, but it doesn't accurately reflect the real vehicle for this aspect of the flight. So it ends up having to pitch up more than it should when landing to slow down. The reason it matters for me is I am adding more features to ArduPilot to take advantage of the momentum...
  12. tridge

In a VTOL aircraft like a quadplane momentum drag from vertical rotors is very important for slowing down the aircraft in a back-transition. I can't seem to get this to model at all realistically, testing in RF9.5. I've been testing on this model...
  13. tridge

multi-player and flightaxis?

Mark Whitehorn managed to make a landing work in RF8 using multi-mode instead of multi-player: Jeremy, any chance we could use two flightaxis connections with multi-mode?
  14. tridge

I noticed that when on the ground, but with ArduPilot in control there is pilot input at 300Hz. The fact the aircraft keeps hovering also means the motors are still being controlled (quadplanes don't hover for long without changes in motor demands). So I think there is some secondary condition...
  15. tridge

This is our attempts so far:
Back