Recent content by william.walker3

1. W

Need help making a Ardupilot SITL model for Realflight

Hi, I am developing a large unique VTOL aircraft, similar in functionality to the Convergence RC model, which I have develped a 3DSmax 2023 CAD and working 9.5S Realflight model, and it is flying well in Realflight. I want to develop an Ardupilot SITL model of the vehicle so that I can learn to...
  2. W

Want to learn how to make a motor

Thank you! This should help.
  3. W

Each front motor generates ~80lbs max thrust, and the back motor generates ~140lbs max thrust
  4. W

I am using two Hacker q100-5L 10kW 137KV motors in front and a 17kW MP154120 80KV. I am using 32x10.6in 2 blade props in front and 2 of the same props in back forming a 4 blade prop. The vehicle is winged tiltrotor tricopter similar in function to the Convergence RC model. The vehicle weighs 200...
  5. W

How To Build Your Own Models

How can I create my own custom motor? I need to make a 80-140lb thrust motor.
  6. W

How to enlarge a plane

Does anyone know how to make a custom motor. I am building a Giant aircraft and need a Realflight motor that generates 80 - 140 lbs thrust and weighs only 10 lbs?
  7. W

Increasing Aircraft Size for Giant Scale

Does anyone know how to make a motor with lots of thrust 80 - 140 lbs ? I am developing a Giant vehicle and need the motor to be able to fly it in RealFlight.
  8. W

Hi, I am developing a large model and need a custom motor that can generate 80 - 140.lbs thrust. Can someone tell me how to make this? I am developing a full scale VTOL and want to model it in Realflight using a ArduPilot SITL flight controller. I have already made a 3D CAD model of the vehicle...
  9. W

How does RealFlight flight sim work?

I would like to know how RealFlight flight sim works? Does it for instance use Blade Element theory or stability derivatives to simulate aircraft? In particular, I would like to know how accurately it can simulate aircraft flying at high angles of attack, like the flying pancake...
  10. W

Can not get Kemax plugin to work with 3ds max 2012 32bit

Hi Casey - Will 3DS Max 2013 32 bit work with 2012 Kemax plugin? Hi Casey, 3DS Max 2012 32 bit is no longer available for download from AutoDesk. But it is still possible to download a 30 day trial version of 3DS Max 2013 32 bit. Do you know if it is possible to use it with the Knife Edge 2012...
  11. W

Can not get Kemax plugin to work with 3ds max 2012 32bit

CaseyDearth: How did you get a copy of 3DS Max 2012 32 bit? Hi Casey, How did you get a copy of 3DS Max 2012 32 bit?
Back