Deewng

Eagle Eye_EA

• Eagle Eye-0.jpg
    Eagle Eye-0.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 79
The "Eagle Eye" VUAV manufactured by BELL in the mid to late '90s.
Modeled by Wesley Foster (Deewng) Model #1 with the assistance, guidance, and mentoring of Jimmie (flexible) as this was a bit of a challange for my first model. Gyro and flight control setup was with the input of Mark (inky00). Special Thanks to Doug (dhk79) for his input and permission to use his new design for missile flight.

The Eagle Eye was designed to operate from confined areas (from the stern of small ships) thus it is a vertical take-off and landing aircraft only and can be folded for easy transportation and required only minimal (off the shelf) support resources. Designed as a main platform for Tracking, Surviellance, and electronic monitoring. And it was capable of small weapon package delivery.

This model was built to scale as close as possible to 1/2 its true size. It is 10 foot wide with 2 five foot proprotors for an operating width of approx. 14.5 ft.. Powered from a first generation single power turbine. Later models were equiped with 2 power turbines. The real VUAV has a flight weight of approx. 2000 lbs. including any payload.

This model is Large and a bit heavier than normal and will take a little to get used to, however I think once you get accustomed to it, you will find that it handles and flies like it feels.

Flight controls are straight forward with only two special functions. Please read the discription in the RF Editor.

The PBG (Paintball Gun) is if you have the ability in G5.X you can set it up. The collidable missile is available now, Thanks to dhk79 and his design for flight of the missile.

There is also a camera pod so maybe you can assign a camera to it in G5.X.

Please provide your feedback after you have flown it for a while. It is the only means that will help me to tweak this model and to design models in the future.

Enjoy Flying......................................

If anyone with G5 would try to assign a camera to the pod and/or use the PBG after setting them up? Please provide any information back to me via PM or Email.

Thank you.

Wesley (Deewng)

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back