M

1931 Curtiss Sparrowhawk 100%_AV

• F9CSHAWK-0.jpg
    F9CSHAWK-0.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
I really liked the way my Half Scale version of brentg ‘s Sparrowhawk came out, and was thinking…

Jeez, its such a teeny little thing to begin with…
a Full Scale version wouldn’t be THAT humoungus, right?

So here we have another one I just couldn’t resist playing with… But getting Full Scale models to behave like their real-world namesakes is nearly impossible when the MODELS are at most a few hundred pounds and the real things are several THOUSAND.

And so as to not insult the original creators with un-realistc abortions of their efforts, I generally strive for three things in my Large Scale mods…

1) Reasonable Scale Speeds (matching the aircrafts top speed if possible, and not floating like a ballon on landings)
2) Prop RPM’s below 5000 (because its linked to the Engine sound and few “life size” aircraft engines run at 8500 rpm)
3) Full Throttle vertical stalls…because…well…duh…

So I kinda have them all here now, but with an asterisk*

To get the full throttle stall, I lost the top speed…. to get the top speed, I would lose the stall…the juggling act of vehicle mass, prop variable and torque curve was getting frustrating soooo…..

I added a Thruster that kicks in on the last two clicks of throttle, and emits a more visible exhaust when activated as a visual cue to tell you that its on….Below that throttle setting you will have vertical stalls, but top speed is below that of the original aircraft (about 150 instead of 175)

Above that setting the “supercharger” kicks in and you can loop and roll at the approximate top speed of the real Sparrowhawk and see just what an amazing little fighter she really was

Again, no hi/low rates, just stick and throttle as-is
Guns on Channel 5,
Camera Pan on Channel 6,
Camera Tilt on Channel 8

This variant requires:

F9CSHAWK_EA

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back