Deewng

AT-11 (Kansas) Kansan_EA

• AT-11 (Kansas) Kansan-0.jpg
    AT-11 (Kansas) Kansan-0.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 118

Welcome: If you are Reading this, Thank You for your Interest in the AT-11 by Beechcraft.

The AT-11(Kansas) Kansan was just one of many variations of Beechcraft's Model 18 in use at the time by our various Armed Forces and in particular the US Army Air Force. The AT-11 was modified to facilitate the traning of Bombadiers and Aerial Gunners for the crews of the larger and heavier long range bombers during World War II. In a basic training session it carried a crew of 1 pilot, 1 instructor and 4 students and would vary according to flight requirements. It carried 8 250lb bombs and ammunition for the turret guns. Its cruising speed was 226 - 240 mph and range was approx. 1000 miles dependent on load and airspeed.

Dimensions; Wingspan: 47 feet 8 inches: Length: 34 feet 3 inches: Height: 9 feet 9 inches and was modeled at 1/4 scale that is approximately 11' 11" by 9' by 3'. @ 65.055lbs

Modeled for RF G4.x -G5.x by: Deewng (Wes) and Flexible (Jimmie) and the support of people like yourselves that enjoy flying,
CS done by: Maj. Numbskully (Gerald) A very Masterful Artist.

I wish to Thank all of the people that gave a helping hand and/or advise that contributed to the fruition of this model. I especially want to give Very Special THANK YOU to the Master Artist who took what could have been just another painted model to the next level. His hard work and detail has given HER, yes I'm bad, I said HER, the lines, definition, and character of a real Lady. THANK YOU Gerald.

As Gerald so aptly put it;
"It was a long haul that had its fair share of trials and tribulations.
The Best part about it is that we , and hopefully others following this thread learned some new things along the way ........a win , win situation. flexible and boof69 also deserve a big round of applause for all the help that they gave."

The AT-11 is not small but not too large and is moderate in weight. Physics were designed around the aircraft as though it was the real aircraft. By that I mean it is not extremely over powered and control systems are not extreme.
That being said, I believe it flys like the aicraft of the time. She has enough power and control to get you out of trouble if you don't get too low and too slow. Especially in high bank turns. Use the rudder and aileron to cross control otherwise she will fall through. She has a true wing stall behavior if you should happen to get too slow so beware. Since it is a model if you just slam the throttle and have flaps down she will leap into the air. If you roll smoothly into the throttle you will enjoy a true to form take off. She is trimmed for appprox. 3/4 or 2 notches above center for straight and level flight so at full power she will lift off the ground on her own. Landing, use the flaps accordingly and you will enjoy a smooth landing.

All controls are straight forward and pretty much standard; Ch8 up is animated turret, Ch8 dn Crew door and Bombadier hatch open. Ch6 flaps, Ch7 landing Gear and so on. Engine cowelling cooling slats actuate in response to throttle movement. Dual rates switch was left in so if you wish to have her be more responsive you may.

Enjoy your Flights.
Any suggestions, comments or rankings are welcome. I ask that you fly her for a while before hand and if you do rank it please leave a comment so that I can improve upon it.

Dedicated to: Smiley "Bigger is Better" David Foster

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back