technoid

Excursion_EA

• Excursion-0.jpg
    Excursion-0.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 120
Excursion is a float plane I created to have some fun with, just an easy flying plane with lots of features. It has twin nine cylinder radial engines and a full cabin in the back with an HDTV, Blu-Ray Player, a small Refrigerator, a small Cook Stove, a Microwave Oven, and a Router so there's Wi-Fi for the passengers. Excursion is a plane you grab the wife and kids and fly to your favorite lake and do some fishing from the rear deck and catch up on Fantasy Island episodes. But mostly it's a nice flying float plane.

Note: The plane is fully compatible with RF 7.5, RF 8, and RF-X.

FEATURES:

Detailed Radial Engines
The Pilot Seat Floor is Glass for a great view of what's below
Custom Engine Power Curve (technoid)
Custom Engine Sound Profile (technoid)

Channel 6 Knob: Rotates pilot seat camera up and down for a better view
Channel 7: Smoke
Channel 8: Towards you raises the float rudders
Channel 8: In the Middle is normal position
Channel 8: Away from you backs up the plane

The dashboard is Plexiglass with embedded working gauges. There's an Airspeed gauge on the left and an RPM gauge on the right. The middle gauge works with the elevator and ailerons to show the aircraft attitude. I fly using the Pilot Seat view in RF-X and explore the different fields especially the Wright Island area from the RF-X beta, a truly great addition to RF-X. While flying in RF-X I also use the channel 6 knob to rotate the camera down to get a better view what I'm flying over.

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: technoid (With tweaks from Doug Schluter and BrokeDad)
Color Scheme: technoid

While flying a 3D field in RF-8 or any field in RF-X there are several cameras available.

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Rear
F9: Plane Right
F10: Rear Cabin

I want to thank Doug Schluter and BrokeDad for all their help with the betas and tweaks for the physics. Thanks guys.

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum they're always there when I need help and offer suggestions to make my planes better.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
legoman
BrokeDad
asj5547
csgill75
uncle twist
12oclockhigh
adrenoline 60
Ron6234
flexible2g
Bill Stuntz
Moto-Guzzi
DangerZone
ICM
brields
flip3d
And anyone else I might have missed, thanks.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back