P

G3 F-106 Delta DartLS RF-7_HM Ver 2_AV

• F-106 Delta Dart G3-0.jpg
    F-106 Delta Dart G3-0.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 51
F-106 Ver. 2 450 MPH with afterburner.
Worked very hard on the flying characteristics.
A lot of effort went into balance, wing and flight control adjustment. Just a lot of trial and error tweaking. Is it the "ultimate" - no there is always room for improvement.

Do wish someone would add belly doors/missiles, operating canopy and cockpit detail.

3 Pos. Sw. - full back - off, middle auto speed brake function, full forward - adds landing brakes ( I use the brakes after touchdown to keep the nose high)

Dual Rate - After burner on = Down(Back) Note that the afterburner will not engage until the Turbine speed is ~ 65K RPM
Why - The F-106 had a detent system that prevented the afterburner from being engaged until the throttle was advanced to at least 60%

Knob - Drop Tank release - 1/4 turn from either end of the knob.

Retract - Retract

What you may notice:

The F-106 landed nose high, so I dedicated much attention and effort to this. Lands between 80 - 100 MPH

The F-106 also fly's nose high.

To accomplish my nose high goal, the front is very light. Harder to Taxi ... so keep the ground speed down. Also will jump back into the air, so use the landing brake function and not much elevator after landing.

Added air turbulence feature with high G maneuvers.
Still has high speed air turbulence.

The controls are adjusted insensitive compared to most. So a lot of control stick movement may be required, and is not particularly quick turning.

Afterburner is air-speed adjusted. Why - witnessing real world takeoffs, the planes do not just jump off the pavement. Light models will when high thrust is applied ... so I limit the thrust for more realism.

I made the main gear sit lower by adjusting the stiffness level.
Helps with takeoff's - allow some speed build-up.

Adjusted the drop tank feature for more positive separation.

This variant requires:

F-106 Delta Dart G3_EA
Back