Boof69

McDonnell XP-67_EA

• McDonnell XP-67-0.jpg
    McDonnell XP-67-0.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 135
The McDonnell XP-67 (1940's Experimental Aircraft)
Please note: This model was built for Real Flight 6 and may not fly as intended for earlier versions.

The XP-67 was a somewhat revolutionary design by McDonnell Aircraft. It used two turbo-charged engines whose exhaust was ejected at the rear of the engine nacelle, providing some additional thrust. The pilot was to sit in a pressurized cabin, and the plane's armament was very heavy for a fighter (six 37mm cannon in one prototype, and a 75mm cannon in another prototype). When viewed from above the aircraft had an unusual profile, in that the engine nacelles and fuselage were shaped to provide true aerofoil sections throughout. The first flight was made in January 1944, with testing undertaken later that year. Performance proved to be far from satisfactory, and modifications were made to improve certain stability problems. Before official trials could resume, however, the prototype was extensively damaged by fire and the program was abandoned.

Model by......................Boof69
Physics by....................Boof69
Color Scheme by...............Boof69

This is my first model specificaly made for Real Flight 6. No tangable data could be found for the real life flight characteristics. Therefore the physics for this model are based soley on an educated guess on my part. I find this one
fun to fly to to the reletivly high landing speed. This model requires power on landing! Once landed push up on the
elevator for brakes.

Link to McDonnell XP-67 build thread
Follow this link to request a model for Real Flight 6-6.5
Proper requesting sample
Enjoy

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back