technoid

Mercury Toreador_EA

• Mercury Toreador-0.jpg
    Mercury Toreador-0.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 116
Mercury Toreador for RealFlight 6.5 and 7.5 physics designed on 7.5 but works equally well in 6.5.

When I started looking around for a new plane to model I ran into the Mercury Toreador flying wing control line plane. It just looked cool so I decided to model it. Of course that meant making an RC plane out of a control line model but I've done that a few times now so I'm getting used to it. The only thing I really changed is I extended the fuselage to the end of the stabilizer to give the rudder a little more authority. I think the plane turned out really well, it looks good and fly's great. So give it a whirl I think you'll like it. Flying wings are often used for combat so I setup the controls pretty hot and gave it a fast engine to really zoom around. So if it's a bit hot for you try the low rates they settle it down quite a bit. For the engine I ask Doug if he'd create a special power curve for the OS 75AX ABL Tuned Pipe engine I put on it, and his engine curve is spot on giving it extra rpm and much faster response just the way you'd expect a highly tuned engine to run. So thanks Doug for a great job on the engine curve. The original plane had a 36 inch wingspan so I scaled it up 2X, so the RC version is 72 inches and really fly's nice. One Note: The physics are designed to be flown with the gear up and it does make a difference, the retracts definitely change the CG on such a short plane.

I want to thank Doug for helping me with the physics and general testing he always makes sure I stay inside the lines, because I tend to wonder all over the place sometimes.

NOTE: Mercury Toreador contains a new engine and RealFlight 6.5 doesn't always detect a new engine until it's restarted. So when you install it on RealFlight 6.5 restart RealFlight after the install is finished.

FEATURES:

Sorry I'm a little bit different on the controls.

Gear Dn: Three Position Switch Towards You
Gear Up: Three Position Switch Center
Smoke On: Three Position Switch Away From You
Brakes activated by down elevator

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: technoid and doug schluter
Fun Factor: A Vintage Control Line Flying Wing Turned RC

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum for their help and support.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
legoman
BrokeDad
Boof69
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh
adrenoline 60
TPRogers

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4, F5, F6, and F7 keys for the Cockpit, Front, Left, and Right views of the plane.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back