N

NuchHawkCombatSH-60WCockpitPOVFixed_AV

• Jay Hawk-0.jpg
    Jay Hawk-0.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 49
Final Component, Electronics and Servo Output Configuration!

See the video:

<https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/11821&act=down>

Rotor RPM controlled solely by the Headspeed governor and RPM sensor. Spool-up the Rotor by advancing

the Ch 6 knob. Throttle hold @ less than 25% from full left.

Normal Mode, Ch8 push to #1 position - collective full down gives flat (0 degrees) pitch, and does not

go to positive lift until approximately half-up throw
Idle Up 1 Mode, Ch8 middle pos. - 3d position, but rotor rpm bumped up to only 114%
Idle up 2 Mode, Ch8 pulled towards you - rotor 3d position, of course, but rotor rpm goes to 126% of

normal

Ch5 - dual rates

I've tweaked the programming on the horizontal stabilator as closely as I possibly can, giving my G5 noob status, non-engineering background, complete non-H60-currency (almost 2 1/2 yrs since I flew one), and lack of component options in the editor. But it definitely acts much closer now than the Jayhawk offered in the expansion packs.

Now if I could implore one of you 3DSMax gurus to texture the interior, and add the proper visual components to make this model resemble the actual US Navy HH-60H "Strike" Hawk...

Send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do about getting actual diagrams and photos.
Respectfully,
Curveball

From the last version:
"Ok. Now I've really gone and tweaked this thing. It's getting closer & closer to feeling like a real Sikorsky Seahawk, imho.

First off, the cockpit FOV (F4) is now in between the pilots' seats at eye level; as long as you keep your drift rates moderate, head swivel is nearly authentic, and helps both control and immersion.

Next, I added a servo mixer and AFS gyro to control the horizontal stab. In a real H60, the horizontal stab programs up and down to provide controllability to the aircraft especially in regimes approaching the edge of performance (ie in heavy hovers, the stab programs full down, or in high-speed level flight the stab programs to keep the fuselage level). In a real H60, the inputs to the stab include airspeed, collective position, pitch attitude, automatic doppler-coupler system, and even yaw, if memory serves.

Unfortunately, I could only include collective servo output and a feedback loop from the AFS pitch gyro I added as the two inputs for the stab servo mixer. For now, high airspeed requires pushing the cyclic all the way to the instrument panel. If anyone out there knows how to mod an airspeed transducer, yaw-rate gyro, and pitch accelerometer into this program, I might be able to get this thing even more authentic...

I've reassigned the throttle to the Ch6 knob; throttle hold enables between 0 and 25% from full left. I also tweaked the throttle curves for normal, Idle-Up1 and 2 so that the knob spins up the rotor at a rate that feels much like pushing the PCLs out of Idle to Fly in a real Seahawk.

There is no more throttle cut on Ch 7. That switch fires your 25mm cannon, and 2.5" zuni rockets! Just like on our HH-60H "StrikeHawks", the heavy orndnance comes off the port launcher rail. I took artistic liberty, however, with the machine gun, and nose-mounted it through the radar-dome. I bumped up the ammo count on both the rockets and machine guns, but I reduced the rate of fire on the guns to 7 rps. Hopefully some of you will learn to fly and fight this bird.

I figured that was okay, since this is just a fantasy-combat 60, anyway. Our community doesn't equip weather radar; a Hellfire FLIR turret targeting system goes there instead. I don't know how to use 3Ds Max right now, but it would be great if someone would perform some surgery on the basic model and make it look like the Navy attack-helo...

Pls rate, and let me know if I'm on profile, or way below glideslope!"

This variant requires:

Jayhawk from Add-Ons 5

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back