technoid

Realflight Clipper_EA

• Realflight Clipper-0.jpg
    Realflight Clipper-0.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 138
I wanted a large flying boat in Real Flight so I created the Realflight Clipper. The Realflight Clipper design was inspired by two different real planes, the Martin Mars and the Short Sunderland. It has a 20 ft. wingspan, 4 radial engines with custom engine and sound profiles, and a highly detailed cockpit so you can enjoy flying in the Pilot Seat view. I like to fly at Alpine Lake because it's open and has lots of room for a large plane. So give the Realflight Clipper a try she looks great, fly's great, and sounds great.

Note: The plane is fully compatible with RF 7.5, RF 8, and RF-X.

FEATURES:

Flaps
Reverse Thruster to back-up from the shore
Differential Engine control for turning
Detailed Cockpit
Detailed Radial Engines
Custom Engine Power Curve (technoid)
Custom Engine Sound Profile (technoid)

Channel 6 Knob: Flaps
Channel 7: Smoke
Channel 8: Middle Position Reverse Thruster Off
Channel 8: Away from you Reverse Thruster On

The reverse thruster and differential engine control is used while taxiing to turn the plane and backup from the shore and is disabled above 25% throttle so it doesn't affect flying. While using the Pilot Seat camera you can see the differential engine control move the throttle levers and can see it stop working above 25% throttle.

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: technoid (tweaks Doug Schluter, BrokeDad, asj5547)
Color Scheme: technoid

While flying a 3D field in RF-8 or any field in RF-X there are several cameras available.

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Rear

I want to thank Doug Schluter, BrokeDad, asj5547, and legoman for all their help with the betas and tweaks.

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum they're always there when I need help and offer suggestions to make my planes better.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
legoman
BrokeDad
asj5547
csgill75
uncle twist
12oclockhigh
adrenoline 60
Ron6234
flexible2g
Bill Stuntz
Moto-Guzzi
DangerZone
ICM
brields
flip3d
And anyone else I might have missed, thanks.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back