L

Russian Thunder Performance Full Scale_AV

• Russian Thunder-0.jpg
    Russian Thunder-0.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 57
PERFORMANCE as tested on RF G5.5
Stall Speed: Approx. 69 mph
Max Speed: Approx. 280 mph (full throttle + straight and level)
Takeoff Roll: 320 ft

Powered by ONE engine, the thrusters are for engine sound generators.

Caution: Torque rolls and helical wash are to the right instead of the left. The landing gear this full scale comes with are reltively weak, forcing you to make near perfect landings to stay intact. Increase the strength to the max 1500 if you find them too weak.

Note: Low rates keeps the roll rate pretty close to the specified 345 degrees per second even near max speeds, low rates also seems to work well with the g-force limits. I increased the throws on high rates for more authority during stalled upline stuff.

WHEEL BRAKES are controlled by the FLAPS KNOB, with a gradual braking power increase as you rotate the knob, 0% - 100% brakes.

Fuel: The stock 40 oz fuel tank will run out in very short order. Either turn on unlimited fuel, or edit the fuel tank in the editor to the max 500 oz.

To a certain someone who would rate this low and say "this flies like a brick and doesn't belong on this sim": You're about as smart as a brick, RealFlight's Sierra Nevada has over 5,500 square miles, I can fly a full scale SR-71 Blackbird here if I please, and I've had other fellow full scale pilots remark on how realistic my RealFlight full scales are except for things like the absence of stall buffeting and gyroscopic effect of rotary radial engines (the whole engine rotates with the prop, like on the Sopwith Pup and Fokker Triplane), and Vne (never exceed velocity) wing flutter, and I think those effects could be added in with a little work and thinking outside the box (thrusters coupled to RPM sensors, airspeed sensor [if any?], +wave generator). Save your petty BS! I don't post these scale planes to gloat over the ratings, I post them so others might enjoy them, hopefully as much as I do or even more! I'd rather these NOT be rated since I didn't even make the original planes / files, many thanks of course to those who did give decent ratings.

Mr. Jim Bourke on his new Russian Thunder website (AWESOME) and the IAC Magazine article states: "RC airplanes have tremendous control authority and power-to-weight ratio. I knew this going in, but I was surprised at how different the control inputs were, how coupled the aircraft's rotations were, and how much finesse was required." He continues on to say "...I am still trying to unlearn some bad habits I developed from overpowered and overcontrollable RC planes."

So before you try to seem like a know-it-all and make a stupid comment actually confirming your ineptitude regarding full scale flight, just don't. Don't wanna fly full scale on RealFlight? Then don't! That doesn't mean that others can't.

This variant requires:

Russian Thunder from RealFlight G5.5
Back