opjose

Super Sportster EP BP 2915D Max Performance_AV

• Great Planes Super Sportster EP-0.jpg
    Great Planes Super Sportster EP-0.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 36
The Great Planes Super Sportster EP is one of those often overlooked RC "Gems", which buyers are delighted to find.

It is a surprisingly complete and well made ARF, that provides an amazingly aerobatic low wing plane. The SS_EP is suitable as a "second" plane due to it's relatively docile characteristics out of the box, but can quickly and easily be upgraded/updated to a hot acrobatic flyer one step at a time.

This configuration emulates the installation of an inexpensive TowerPro ( also sold by other names such as the BP motors ) 550 watt Brushless motor and speed controller. With this configuration LiPo batteries are used.

On the real plane you may use either two 1800 to 2200mAh 3S battery packs in a 3S2P configurationto provide ample power and runtime while loading the plane down with less weight... or a single 3300-4000 mAh 3S battery for a bit more weight savings.

Due to the higher voltage provided by the LiPo batteries and the brushless motor the plane becomes a very capable acrobatic flyer able to handle almost any non-3D move with aplomb.

This configuration maximizes the speed of the plane and gives strong vertical climbs. This is how I typically fly mine when I do not care about maximizing run times.

Note: try changing the prop to 10x8 for unlimited verticals.

The rates on this plane have been set higher than the Great Planes recommended throws, with the intent of maximizing travel and response.

3DModel: BrentG
Colorscheme: Opjose
Physics: Opjose

Left top switch: High/Low Rates

This variant requires:

Great Planes Super Sportster EP_EA
Reactions: Blade Scraper

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back