technoid

Trident Mk II_EA

• Trident Mk II-0.jpg
    Trident Mk II-0.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 164
When Bill mentioned in the forum he had a Trident control line model he'd like converted to RealFlight I asked for some pictures. Once I seen the pictures I was hooked because I like old planes and enjoy modeling them. The original control line plane had a built up fuselage but I went with an RC profile version to speed up the design process. I need to get started on my real RC plane for this summer's flying season so that was the right choice for the time I had. I also did something else to speed up the process by cutting the color scheme directly into the 3D model. That saved a lot of time with the downside of not being able to create custom color schemes for the plane later. But the short cuts doesn't affect the plane and I think it turned out very nice and fly's great so grab it and go flying.

I wanted you to have a color choice so I created a Mk I and Mk II version of the plane with the only difference being the color. Bill's original model was blue so Trident Mk I is blue, but if you're a hot dog maybe you like red so Trident Mk II is red.

I want to thank Bill for his input while modeling his plane his ideas helped me keep the flavor of his original model and color scheme while creating something very different.

Original plane info. U-NAME-IT/TRIDENT ($18.00) Larry Scarinzi's triple tail stunter designed for Name the Plane contest that was kitted by Consolidated. 54" Span, 570 sq.in. Mag plans

FEATURES:

Brakes activated by up elevator
Smoke controlled by Channel 7

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: technoid
Fun Factor: A retro control line model converted to RC profile

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum for their help and support.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
BrokeDad
Boof69
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh
adrenoline 60
TPRogers
Bill Stuntz

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4, F5, and F6 keys for the Front, Left, and Right views of the plane.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back