101 Course in New Photo Realistic Field Generation

:rolleyes:Ya I know more than just a little about High end photography equipment ...My $2000 Hasselblad 500CM didn't even have a light meter in it ! :eek:

Don't use to wide of an angle lens!
while they have more angle of view and depth of field..they can impart spherical distortion that could wreak havoc in most stitching programs ..and can make things in the distance appear further away than they really are...just like your right side car mirror , not desirable in a photo field...... better to make the extra exposures with a more" normal" 35mm equivalent 50mm lens and keep thing at a normal perspective ...
remember you are trying to duplicate in the sim exactly what its like to stand in the same spot and look around with your naked eye ...something a wide angle lens just cant duplicate accurately..........stitch or no stitch

That is unless your using a Hasselblad SWC !( about $2000 used)...the ultimate pano camera. ...
when level its 38mm Biogon Carl Zeiss lens produces a distortion less 90x90 degree field of view ...in theory that's a 180x360 in what... 8 exposures !... its sweeeet...
How did you control the ratio issue?
Not sure how to answer that ....what ratio issue??
...Make sure you take every required picture to make it a 180 x 360
If you've shot a 180 x360 , the 2 to 1 ratio kind'a takes care of itself.... doesn't it ?
lets see...180 x 2 = 360...yup 2 to 1

What version of Canon Photostitch do you use ?...I'm running 3.1
After stitching when you hit SAVE a green Cropping rectangle with an anchor on each of the 4 sides is superimposed over the image that you drag with the anchor point ....up down, left, right and you can crop it any way you wish
Even if it did not have that in photostitch there is nothing preventing you from cropping it in Photo shop ...... if you somehow come up short getting a 2 to 1 Ratio the problem is not with photostitch ..but instead something you didn't include in your shots.... like the nadir shots maybe

What were my settings ?
simple really .....
pic 1 ....Import your images
make sure they are in the correct order, the same size, and do not have to much or to little overlap photostitch will tell you if the above parameters are not met before it lets you merge or will fail to merge and the tell you why and what you need to do to make the stitch
Tell it if its a vertical or horizontal or like a photo field would be both (horz and vertical ...known as Matrix, and hit merge
pic 2...tell photostitch how the image was acquired ....Camera pan , Camera parallel or scanner
Pic 3...tell photostitch the 35mm equivalent focal length used at the time of the shoot...(it reads my G9s meta data for the exact focal length of the zoom lens at the time of the shoot ..so I skip this part
pic 4... hit MERGE ....sit back and marvel at the miracle of todays technology...but don't get to comf. it usually takes only a min or less
pic 5...hit HIDE SEEM...if you have any ! ?..... I didn't once again in this hand held pano stitch
but if you do..... click on the green box of offending seem ..........continued...

Attachments

• 1ScreenShots755.jpg
    1ScreenShots755.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2ScreenShots756.jpg
    2ScreenShots756.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 5ScreenShots757.jpg
    5ScreenShots757.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 6ScreenShots758.jpg
    6ScreenShots758.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 7ScreenShots762.jpg
    7ScreenShots762.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
pic 6 and 7....
Grab n drag the misaligned image.. it will reduce opacity so you can line it up manually over the top of the rest of the merge
OR......
(7) ...it will give you a small box that you drag to sample at least 2 or more of the same exact areas in the 2 pics that are not lining up

pic 8... hit save and you now can crop it to any size you wish using the green border box

pic 9 ......final result reduced for posting here ....not to shabby ....all I really had to do was answer questions

pic 10 ....after a short crop on left side , fixed the roof line on the Quonset building and some quick color correction

Attachments

• ScreenShots763.jpg
    ScreenShots763.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShots765.jpg
    ScreenShots765.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShots772.jpg
    ScreenShots772.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 4
  • BlackBirds.jpg
    BlackBirds.jpg