12th generation Intel fix

I misunderstood Jeremy's first post about the beta Intel drivers. It sounded like that might have been a solution on its own, but it's not.

Nice work @asj5547 for finding this solution!

Now the trick is to keep exploring whether this will work for everyone with the 12th Gen hardware, and then package this up into a solution that will make it as easy as possible to apply or even get the RF installer to detect the situation and put the DLL in place.

I misunderstood Jeremy's first post about the beta Intel drivers. It sounded like that might have been a solution on its own, but it's not.
Yes, I misunderstood that post as well, I thought the .4034 driver was the Intel holy grail fix, so I tried it without the DXVK d3d9.dll and was disappointed the new Intel driver did not work, (would have been a simpler fix).

A bit more good news, I placed the DXVK d3d9.dll (32bit) into the Realflight 8 install folder and bingo, it fixes RF8. Without the dll fix RF8 does not have the menu popup when you move the mouse to the left center of the screen and Heli's will crash RF8.

Yes, I misunderstood that post as well, I thought the .4034 driver was the Intel holy grail fix, so I tried it without the DXVK d3d9.dll and was disappointed the new Intel driver did not work, (would have been a simpler fix).
I can definitely see how hopeful minds might read my original post that way. I've edited it for clarity.

Tried the d3d9.dll on my new laptop w/12th gen Intel and iRISxe graphics. Did not work.
You might try posting some details so they can check it out for you.

Computer Brand
Computer Model
CPU Model
Is there any add-in graphics card, what graphics brand and graphics model

That would be valuable information to help them.

Tried the d3d9.dll on my new laptop w/12th gen Intel and iRISxe graphics. Did not work.
A couple of things to try:
  1. Try using the dxvk-intel-fix beta (link). We know that will place the correct file in the right place.
  2. Make sure to update to the latest beta drivers for your processor. I found that the mainline drivers did not work for my 12th-gen laptop, but the beta (starting with .4034), plus the DXVK library, did.

Jeremy beat me to it!

I would add: Please go over to this thread, read post #1 thoroughly including following the link it contains to the beta announcement, and then post your results over there as directed in post #1.

DXVK fix also works with the latest Intel driver 31.0.101.4148, released on 2023-03-10.

Last edited:
Back