40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

I just loaded and ran the latest download with no problems. Created the great CS fast and loaded normally. I have a relatively slow computer (20 fps currently). The plane flies great, hovers great. Very Nice !!!
Running in RF8.

To anyone who tries the download in Post 319, please report back on how it imports andWhat version of RF you’re running so I can get an idea of how many have issues. I’m getting mixed reports and would like to get a better idea. Just a simple works fine, sucks, thumbs up or thumbs down, just whatever will suffice.

I had to read the tga files into Gimp then overwrite them and put them in the rfx in place of the originals. I didn't use export or re-compress them. Same trouble as before if I didn't (locking up after trying to create DDS files). This is with RF9.

Took about 4 minuets to load and my title bar saying (not responding)
Im running the most current version of RealFlight 9 on a Dell G7 7588 and a NVIDIA GTX1060
After about 4 mins the Pitts spawned on the runway and acted normal

Edit, I closed RF and now every time I start it, it takes 4+ minutes
I completely uninstalled the Pitts from post 319 and my RF loads up just fine again (takes about 10-15 seconds)

Last edited:
Well for what it's worth here is the "fixed" EA. Possibly it can be compared to the original and you or Ryan Douglas can find something.

Attachments

• 40% Pitts Challenger_EA.RFX
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Just tried the "fixed" EA and it loaded in about 3 seconds
Thank you. What I don’t get is the one I’m posting loads on my end in about 10 seconds. I wish I had the knowledge to open the files data and know what I’m looking at so I could compare the two. ?

Same here. I may try tonight and just see if I can find a difference. If so, maybe someone will know what it means. ?

I've been in and out of the editor many times with absolutely no hiccups in RF8.
attached CS ( as evidence) that I was working on while going back and forth between RF and Corel

Attachments

• ScreenShot1586559380.jpg
    ScreenShot1586559380.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 14
I've been in and out of the editor many times with absolutely no hiccups in RF8.
attached CS ( as evidence) that I was working on while going back and forth between RF and Corel
Is that my release or the one BrokeDad fixed?

319 was my last release. That one has the physics set to my liking anyway. BrokeDad posted one in 326 that he fixed the slow dds generation he and others are having.

319 was my last release. That one has the physics set to my liking anyway. BrokeDad posted one in 326 that he fixed the slow dds generation he and others are having.
I just now downloaded from 319 and did an overwrite. Took 2min 20+ to created DDS then I got an error after 5 minutes loading into RF to fly, that took me out of RF. So it would seem I downloaded from 326. I guess everyone is trying to find out what is wrong with 319!

Edit #2: Tried loading my new CS … took 2min.+, then went to load original … it started making DDS again with 2 min. + then loaded. Back to my new CS … after 2 min+ error and thrown out of RF. I sent the message to RF … they will be right on it … correct?

Last edited:
All the files in 326 are the originals from the 319 post except for the TGA files. I used WinZip to extract those and then loaded them into Gimp and did an overwrite on both. I then loaded the original RFX file into WinRAR deleted the two TGA files and then added the ones overwritten by Gimp. So it's gotta be something in those as nothing else was changed. Also noted is that the TGA files are the exact same byte count as the originals.

I'm thinking it's something in the header or footer data on those files. It would be interesting to run a checksum on them and see if it's different. Otherwise a byte by byte comparison is in order. The only other thing I can think of is something in the leftover data used to pad the file so it fills out the last sector.

Hope that makes sense to the other geeks here.

On another note:
I transferred Super Stinker CS I did for Technoid to Challenger II.
abaser … hope you don't mind my posting … did not post on swap page.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1586639393.jpg
    ScreenShot1586639393.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Challenger II - Super Stinker_CS.RFX
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Back