40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

Thanks guys. UT, those aren’t renders. I’m studying up on my rendering again and if I can pull off what I would like to you ain’t seen nothing yet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys. UT, those aren’t renders. I’m studying up on my rendering again and if I can pull off what I would like to you ain’t seen nothing yet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
OOPS..!! my bad, But what are they called then..?? I remember them as renders, well, as least that`s what I thought...:unsure::unsure: Well then, in any case, I hope you achieve what you`re going after, would love to see it...(y)(y)

Will be saying prayers for you and your wife.
Thank you.
UT, those are just screen shots of my scene. It’s early yet for me to start doing renders. When I get to that point, hopefully you’ll see a big difference.

Thank you.
UT, those are just screen shots of my scene. It’s early yet for me to start doing renders. When I get to that point, hopefully you’ll see a big difference.
OHHH..!!! OK, well regardless, they look fantastic, the color really adds a lot to it a lot, I`m researching what it`s going to take to get RF9, just called my local hobby shop, they have 9 units in stock w/controllers @ $169.00 EA., next, I`ve got to see what it takes to run it (requirements, computer wise), I told him (owner) that my puter was about 10 yrs. old, well, to be honest, it doesn`t look to promising, he said, that I would probably need a new puter., and that mine was probably not up to the task. I gotta go out for a few, I`ll be back on in about 45 mins.

So, not much time tonight for this due to having to help my wife out after surgery, But once pain meds kicked her butt, I decided to at least try and get the center wing struts halfway taken care of. I'm not going for the ones in the reference pics in the background, but rather the ones on the Pilot model I'll reference for the specs. There's great photos of the little details that I feel I can easily incorporate into this build without weighing too much on the poly side.

BTW, the wife is doing fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 02-22-20 at 10.28 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 02-22-20 at 10.28 PM.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 02-22-20 at 10.31 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 02-22-20 at 10.31 PM.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 8C507397-9418-4DF3-9AF4-A1FB9411B1D7.jpeg
    8C507397-9418-4DF3-9AF4-A1FB9411B1D7.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 24
Great pics. Andy, coming along extremely nice, Thanks for letting us know about the wife, that`s great news.. By any chance, could you provide a link to the reference pics you`re using. They look great...would enjoy seeing them.

Awesome. This is great that you have decided to do this. Looking really good so far. I hope the wife feels better real soon.

Hey Andy, I had a flashback this A.M., regarding a tail wheel that had been modeled, and put in the parts repository, I was thinking it was you, I also recalled two springs on it, one on each side, So I looked in the repos. and I found it. Of coarse it had to be the second to last Item on the last page (pg. 6) It was in fact one that you did. I`m pretty sure you used it on your 33% Pitts, I looked at all my CS`s pics. I did on that plane, It was a little hard to tell, but I think it`s that tail wheel. Anyway it`s there in the RF6 designer corner.>parts repos.,>pg. #1, if you`re interested. ...wasn`t sure if you recalled doing it. ;) ;)

Back in the day when I was really into modeling, one of my main goals towards the end of a model was to get the best possible renders I could. Well, since I'm starting to get back into it a little, I decided to see what I could do to make them even better. After a little research and trial and error, I came up with a whole new way to render. This is just a real rough test scene to start playing with the settings. There's still a long way to go to get where I want to be, but you get the idea. When I get done, I hope to have near photo quality renders. I think I enjoy this aspect as much if not more than the actual modeling process.

Attachments

• rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 19
  • rough_01.jpg
    rough_01.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 21
  • rough_02.jpg
    rough_02.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 19
WOW, those look great Andy. I really like the the third one, showing the reflection on the upper wing, If this is just the beginning, I can`r wait to see your final renders. I do remember your old ones, I hope everyone's watching, because when you get them dialed in, we`re all in for a big treat. ;);)

Does your rendered model look as good in Realflight, what I mean is, can the game engine duplicate your great work, can RF accurately display everything you feed it.

Renders use a variety of things specific to Max. RF recognizes the use of spec maps, normal maps, and the diffuse map to generate it’s own look. If done correctly, a render will look like a photo of a real world model when I’m done. I can’t promise RF will see it the same way. Depends on how I remember to use those maps in gimp.

As for my method, I’m playing with the different renderers in Max to see which one I like better right now.

I tried to recreate the renders I posted last night. This will suffice for now. Next update will be of a more complete model instead of just pretty pics. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 13
  • rough_01.jpg
    rough_01.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 13
  • rough_02.jpg
    rough_02.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 13
Back