40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

I found it clear and easy to see. Not real experienced with Corel, but a transparent background is easier for me to cut out and align overlays. The crisp lines were really nice to work with. Still learning and experimenting!

So far I`m finding the map easy, I`m having a little problem getting graphics in the side of turtle deck, I imagine it`s because they are curved/arcing graphics,..going on a surface that has a radius, but I`ll get it figured out, it`s just a matter shaping and positioning them.

Last edited:
So far I`m finding the map easy, I`n having a little problem getting graphics in the side of turtle deck, I imagine it`s because they are curved/arcing graphics,..going on a surface that has a radius, but I`ll get it figured out, it`s just a matter shaping and positioning them.
Can you post a pic of what you’re seeing? Sometimes this method does need a little creativity but most of the time I’ve been able to just lay things out like sticker on the map.

Can you post a pic of what you’re seeing? Sometimes this method does need a little creativity but most of the time I’ve been able to just lay things out like sticker on the map.
Not at the moment Andy, I colored the that area back over in order to start over/try something different, and havn`t got back to it yet. everything else is going just fine .... :D :D What I had done was cut/paste the those graphics from the side view onto the map, scaled them up (a lot) and anchored them,... they looked OK- ish on the map for a starting point, but really weren`t to my liking in RF, so I moved on to something else in order to make progress..

Since your asking for feedback, I did another CS. Attached the file.
This one has features that require knowing where the edges are for the front of the cowl, and the top of the cowling. Had a difficult time with the front of the cowling … still needs some work as you will be able to see.
I don't know if this is what your interested in, because I just think the complexity of curves and radius create these situations. But I submit the CS for your perusal, I'm still working on it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1586789157.jpg
    ScreenShot1586789157.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Challenger II - BULLDOG II_CS.RFX
    4 MB · Views: 6
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look into it as soon as I can. We had a bad storm last night that has killed power in town and it’ll probably be a couple days or more before we get back going again.

We escaped major damage but near 100mph straight line winds are no joke. We actually got caught out in it driving so that made things even worse. Good news is we’re all ok though.

Just a quick update. I finally got power back on and can hopefully get this thing squared away. Tech and I are trying our best to figure out what the hell is going on with this particular model causing RF to crash for some while not for others. I know it HAS to be something on my end, but what that is has proven to be quite the mystery.

It appears ( if I recall) everything worked OK before you experimented the spec. map/color shifting....Correct..??? You think that has anything to do with the issue..??

It appears ( if I recall) everything worked OK before you experimented the spec. map/color shifting....Correct..??? You think that has anything to do with the issue..??
I’ve deleted the entire spec map and created a new classic file, I’ve even went back to the yellow, to previous stages of the model, almost everything we can think of. I’ve sent tech a new EA using the tga files saved out of photoshop instead of gimp now and am waiting for the results.

I’ve deleted the entire spec map and created a new classic file, I’ve even went back to the yellow, to previous stages of the model, almost everything we can think of. I’ve sent tech a new EA using the tga files saved out of photoshop instead of gimp now and am waiting for the results.
Does that you`ll have to do the CS over that you had done (red/black one) assuming what you`re trying now works...?? Also wanted to add, glad to know you made it through the winds OK and your power is back on, that must have quite an ordeal to go through..!!!

Looks like the issue goes deeper than the CS. I just got word that a completely different model made years ago does the exact same thing almost. So, as of this moment, this model is on hold until I figure this out.

Back