6.00.025 Bug Report: Rendering Errors.

phrank

Eagerly anticipating to be wowed by this new release of 6 on my rig, maxed out the settings.
Tried out the new reworked smoke everyone's been talking about on one of my favorite planes.

Ugh! Not impressed. :(

Anyone seeing this on their 6?

1) Smoke behind the canopy is clear.
2) Distracting moire self-shadoing on the rudder.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 on Windows 7 64-bit in windowed mode.

Physics should be interesting. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• settings1.JPG
    settings1.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Sbach1.jpg
    Sbach1.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 41
Yes, My rig too. I confirmed on a Nvidia 9800GT and AMD HD4870. I figured it was to be chalked up to another one of the DX9 wonders. :rolleyes: I thought that the smoke used alpha. since you are already looking through an alpha layer with the canopy DX9 cannot draw this. Same issue that was had with Boof's gun sight on the bristol M1. had to tell the camera to drop the frames for the prop disk so that you could see the tracer rounds and bullet hits because they use alpha too.

Last edited:
RealFlight has always had this problem. Only the frontmost alpha texture is drawn over the opaque background.

This is a common limitation of 3D rendering engines because it is a great shortcut for performance reasons.

You haven't noticed it before because the smoke is usually so far under the canopy, but it is easy to see with the wingtip smoke. What we would normally do in a situation like this is just tint the canopy more so you don't notice.

Not really a bug so much as a designed limitation of the system for performance purposes. In any case it's always been in RealFlight.

Jim

Back