6.5 and Win10?

Yaff

Hi,

I tried to search the forum and didn't found much.

I just upgraded to win10 and my 6.5 doesn't load. I tried reinstalling DX9 and also the graphic drivers with no luck. Tried compatibility mode... no success.

The screen goes black for few seconds then the very generic error "not available" pops.

Any idea?

Thanks

Did you try right clicking on the setup.exe file on the DVD and selecting "run as administrator"?

The directx installer from the 6.5 disc probably won't install in Windows 10. You will need to get the one from Microsoft that does. Do a search on Google for Directx9 2010 download and the Microsoft site should be the first one that pops up. Or look in the RealFlight 7 forum as I have given the direct link a couple of times in a few threads there since this also happens with realflight 7 too.

Opjose, good to see you are still there :) Long time no chat.

I didn't reinstall RF6.5... I'm hoping I will not have to. But I did try run as admin on the shortcut to launch the product.

SOLVED for the moment: I restored my Win7 backup. Win10 on this machine will just wait until further information on how to make RF 6.5 works on it.

I sent an email to support. Will see what they come up with.

But I have way to much customization to start from scratch.

When you upgrade to Windows10 it often replaces your video driver with one of their generic ones. This has been on a thread on helifreak just recently. So even installing the old directx 9 won't fix it if your video drivers have been changed.
Unfortunately the 29th was the last day to upgrade for free. So unless you want to pay you are now stuck with Windows 7 which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Well... for the free win10 part - I backed up the win10 installation before reverting it to Win7.

As for the driver part. I'm not sure I follow.

I reinstalled both DX9 and Video Drivers.
DX9 from MS redistribution package
and Drivers from nVidia.

Now I don't remember which one I did first and I'm starting to wonder if it matters. Maybe I should have upgrade the vid first then DX9...

Are you saying that no current drivers are compatible with the DX9 required for RF 6.5?

When you upgrade to Windows10 it often replaces your video driver with one of their generic ones. This has been on a thread on helifreak just recently. So even installing the old directx 9 won't fix it if your video drivers have been changed.
Unfortunately the 29th was the last day to upgrade for free. So unless you want to pay you are now stuck with Windows 7 which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Since you re-installed your video drivers also then I'm at a loss. I had problems on my old PC upgrading to Windows 10 with RF installed and also went back to 7 on that one. But it died a horrible death a little at a time and when I put Realflight back on my new cheapo Dell all-in-one that came with Windows 10 it ran fine. I just had lost all my imported and self edited models and had to start from scratch. I'm running 7.5 and so was the user I helped on Helifreak forum.

I just installed 6.5 on Win10. Had no problems with the installation, so it's not a generic incompatibility. It did prompt for something about direct x. I don't remember what it was, but I think it installed something. It doesn't play well with my 4K monitor, but no problems installing it.

Back