6.5 freezes randomly

dave763

System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 11
CD-ROM (?:\) Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S ATA Device (?)
Installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight6
Free Disk Space (C:\): 439067 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.105
LauncherHelper Version: 1.00.090
RealFlight version: 6.50.016

Runs fine on this machine with the sys booted to the old HDD
when I run in the same machine on a new Samgsung EVO 1TB SSD Fresh install of windows 7 and Realflight 6.5
Realflight freezes after a short time but with a mouse click on the screen it starts again only to freeze after a short time.
Set to defaults
2 GTX 560Ti SLI latest drivers from Nvidia

No problems with the install on the WD 1 TB HDD

SOLVED ...it was a software conflict

Last edited:
blow out them 560s? ..........mimics
heat issues
maybe the ssd is working sooooo nicely
that the cards or maybe even the power supply are heating up?
aside from the mouse making everything nice nice .......sounds like dust ..........or something heating up ....
the longer the cool down time
the longer play time before it heats up again ...like after a reboot.....is a classic sign of heat ... ........
could be something else but I'd
start there

overclocking anything?

using new SATA cables? s
maybe a loose RAM board .... something that may have gotten bumped during the HD swap out?( i know they have clips stranger things have happened)

sure ALL cooling fans are running ...all of them ?

Last edited:
Yup as the Maj suggested, MAKE SURE you have any and ALL overclocking TURNED OFF.

Realflight is known not to work properly with any form of overclocking.

Your SSD may have bad sectors ( cells ) causing the freeze.

Run a full surface scan with bad sector recovery to check.

Also either turn off SLI for Realflight or make sure you have the boards set to "alternate frame rendering". Those are the only two ways Realflight works properly in an SLI setup.

System is stable running prime 95 at 4.2 Ghz Realfight runs no problems when booted to HDD Overclocked at 4.2 runs perfect never a problem with realflight losing focus.
The problem is something is stealing focus. However only when running fron the SSD install on the same machine same hardware same OS same everything
On the SSD install ,When I change the priority from normal to high in System internals Process explorer the Realflight stays up and running
preventing whatever is stealing the focus from realflight
That has solved the problem sort of

Something is stealing focus making my blinking cursor disappear from text windows as well

what I really want is a version for my OSX but in lieu of that I guess I will have to deal with windoze:mad:

msconfig.exe helped sort it out. It was a third party software conflict.
When I installed the wireless card drivers on the SSD I installed a wireless configuration utility that was on the disc. I uninstalled it and all is well. Realfight runs maxed out in SLI on my rig OCed to 4.2 Ghz:cool:

Last edited:
Back