[84259] Moon appears too dim and blue

legoman

No stars in the night sky and the moon is super dim

picture looking directly at the moon at flight school night
2023-08-26 19_45_57-.jpg

9.5S moon and night sky (screen capped recording sorry for meh quality)
2023-08-26 19_57_56-Movies & TV.jpg

Attachments

• DxDiag and ini.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 1
I see a lot of stars displayed but the moon is a dull blue and very difficult to see.
Stars are not easily visible on the picture, until you click on it and click the magnify plus sign.
Stars-2.jpg

I am duplicating this thread into two separate ones so we can separately track the moon and stars issues.

This thread will address the moon appearance.

I have updated the thread title and assigned a case number, 84259.

This is one of those things where we're pretty sure the moon was working fine the last time we paid attention to it, but something changed between then and now. 😅 Thanks for the report!

I have updated the thread title and assigned a case number, 84259.

This is one of those things where we're pretty sure the moon was working fine the last time we paid attention to it, but something changed between then and now. 😅 Thanks for the report!

It seem to brighter when it is near the edge of the screen and in the lower sky color

the best way I have found to recreate it is to

1. set the sun to -13..-15 degrees
  2. enter walk mode wasd
  3. zoom out as far as possible '-' key
  4. angle the the camera so the moon is near the edge of the screen it seem to be very bright
  5. move the camera angle so the moon move towards the center of the screen the moon fades to deep blue
  6. angling the sun/moon to -20..-28 it starts to lose its luster and at high angles you can just make out its craters
low angle
2023-08-28 01_23_27-Window.jpg

mid angle
2023-08-28 01_37_44-Window.jpg

High angle
2023-08-28 01_38_59-.jpg

Back