9.00.022 feedback

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: 9.00.022 is now public. Original post remains below.

A new public beta is available. Among other things, it merges the multiplayer feature with RealFlight 7 and RealFlight 8! See the announcement for more details.

Please check it out and let us know your results.

The beta period was somewhat short-lived. We wanted to push this out quickly, and 9.00.022 is now public. I'll update this thread title accordingly.

Note that the latest version includes a new model! See the announcement for more details.

Ryan, Its looking good from what I have played with I like the multi compatibility with the MP I had 8 and always wanted my friends with the older gens to join in the fun, so that's a nice touch.

I would love to see MORE challenges as I almost completed the ones in RF8 and was MOST excited to get my hands on something new in RF9 only to be EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to find out they are EXACTLY THE SAME as before could really of added more to them I believe.

Other than that Happy we are getting more aircraft and please keep it up.

I would really like the option back of adding some deadband on the Interlink DX. Expo just isn't what I want to do and calibration always seems to drift a tiny bit over time. Currently we have no choice as the setting doesn't affect that controller.

Hello I have Steam Realflight 8, how do i get the free steam RF9 please? I tried restarting steam and nothing happens

I just updated to 022. Nice to get the Osprey back again! I found I needed to calibrate and edit my Interlink DX so I could add flaps to the left front knob. I actually thought I had already done this. Then it forced me to change the name of the controller. Seems to work ok though.

One annoying thing is when I startup rf9 I get a red error message that seems to tell me that there are duplicate modes/variants. There is a path to the log file but unfortunately the message does not stay on long enough to write this down, lol! Any idea what this could be? Thanks.

EDIT/Update; OK, I found the culprit. It was an older V-22 version that I downloaded from the swap pages quite a while ago. Even though I had deleted it the files were still in my custom model folder. I deleted them and this stopped the startup error message.

Last edited:
I would really like the option back of adding some deadband on the Interlink DX. Expo just isn't what I want to do and calibration always seems to drift a tiny bit over time. Currently we have no choice as the setting doesn't affect that controller.

I second this opinion as I had some interlinks have center variation based on which way you pressed the stick of up to +/- 2% on the centered value

How would I go about proving what you are saying about center variation?

Just go into the editor and watch the channel value. I've seen it too even on the DX. Being able to put in a small amount of deadband would be nice. If you didn't want any you could set it to 0 like you can now for other controllers.

How would I go about proving what you are saying about center variation?

when I calibrate the remote when I push the stick one way (in the editor or flying) it will center and the plane won't roll/the output reads zero(in the editor) but if I push the stick the other way the plane will roll as if it is not trimmed and the editor will read uncentered to the oposite direction about 1% or 2%. And retrimming the remote/ recalibrating the remote does not fix the issue. you can even see this issue in the calibration window.

I'm filing a case to consider allowing deadband for InterLinks. A couple of notes on the topic:

First, it's not as simple as simply allowing the current game-device deadband to be applied to InterLinks. This is designed for gamepads and the like, and assumes a circular gate (the shape you get if you sweep the stick through its maximum deflections), and no centers for individual axes. Since InterLink sticks have square gates and hard centers on each axis, they'll need different treatment.

Second, adding deadband to cover up centering issues with your RC controller is a band-aid at best. If your new InterLink DX has sloppy centers, I'd contact product support. If it's an older unit, you might try lubricating the gimbals or increasing tension for better support.

In any case, thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do!

I'm filing a case to consider allowing deadband for InterLinks. A couple of notes on the topic:

First, it's not as simple as simply allowing the current game-device deadband to be applied to InterLinks. This is designed for gamepads and the like, and assumes a circular gate (the shape you get if you sweep the stick through its maximum deflections), and no centers for individual axes. Since InterLink sticks have square gates and hard centers on each axis, they'll need different treatment.

Second, adding deadband to cover up centering issues with your RC controller is a band-aid at best. If your new InterLink DX has sloppy centers, I'd contact product support. If it's an older unit, you might try lubricating the gimbals or increasing tension for better support.

In any case, thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do!

I have not bought an interlink DX yet and I have an elite and a X that both have this issue and the X I have maxed the tension screw on the elevator and alot on the aileron and the elite has no springs in the right stick so it no longer centers peroid I will try lubercating the gimbals

I'm filing a case to consider allowing deadband for InterLinks.

Thank you ! No controller will ever be perfect on re-centering even a brand new Interlink DX. There is just too much tolerance in the component.

This is especially annoying on flying helicopters as any little bit of centering issue makes them want to tip over on landing or takeoff. Especially the smaller ones with narrow landing gear like the Fusion 270 for example. I doubt those who fly planes will have noticed this issue as much.

The Osprey is awesome, and makes me glad I have the Interlink DX that came with RF9, and the dongle with my DX9. The DX9 is fun, but the setup for all the different models can be a pain.

The new controller feels so much better, both ergonomically and the gimbal sticks are great! (not the spongy Futaba with its limited amount of switches of the previous versions) And having all the switches (i.e. channels) work is a big improvement over the previous version too.

The E-flite planes are a great addition too!
As well as the challenges, which as simple as some seem are really addictive!

Only thing I am really disappointed about is the sound. The edfs still sound like a simulation of the previous century, a terrible monotonous “whine” which in no way reflects the real appealing wooshing sound (11/12 bladers) of them today. Compared to the visual excellence of the sim (lighting/ shadows/ glare etc.) the sound is clearly lacking and has not been upgraded or worked on for many versions... Before anything else, I’d say this needs to be addressed first!

Overall I’d say this a more than worthy upgrade IF you buy the controller version, but the sounds (esp. the edf’s) needs a long overdue overhaul!

Back